The Ultimate Privacy Solution

Discussion in 'Android' started by MrRexio, Jun 11, 2021.

1. MrRexio

MrRexio MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2018
    Ok... I hope I am allowed to post this here. I need to talk this with someone who doesn't roll their eyes as soon as you say something like "don't use facebook because they are stealing your personal data".

I have read all over the internet why you should stop using apps from Google and Facebook (whatsapp, instagram). But no one seem to address the true problem... what if I can´t.

I really can't stop using whatsapp because I need it for my work.

So I said thats it! I am gonna search all over the internet until I find a way to make my cellphone completly private!! This is my result: (suggestions very appreciated)

1.- Brand new phone! either get a new one or factory reset your current one.

2.- I installed NetGuard **BEFORE** connecting to the internet. Sideloaded the apk file and blocked everything, system apps , everything from accesing the internet.

3.- Installed Firefox. Tweaked the settings as private as possible.

4.- I am planning on installing VMOS (Virtual Machine Operative System) so I can have an emulated Android system on my Android System. I will install whatsapp there and block it as much as I can.

Now ... Can you help me see what I am missing? Will this be the ultimate privacy solution? . I know someone will say something like "better to install Signal" and I am ok with that but I can't completly delete Whatsapp unfortunatly.

2. NST_Adventure

NST_Adventure MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2019
    @MrRexio

Setup android for privacy:
    Code:
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/guide-setup-android-for-privacy.83269/
    GAPPS alternative:
    Code:
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/degoogle-gapps-alternative.82176/
    Setup Work Profile For Privacy:
    Code:
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/work-profile-privacy-universal.83026/
    Firefox Isn't Privacy Friendly:
    Code:
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/firefox-is-not-100-privacy-browser.82993/
    Best Regards
    NST_Adventure

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MrRexio

MrRexio MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2018
    Ok I got a lot to read. Thanks bro!

4. MrRexio

MrRexio MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2018
    OK I read through everything and was left with 3 options the way I see it:

• 1.- My device is a Xiaomi MIUI so Shelter won't apparently work on it since it has a 'Dual App' feature already installed. Only a random guy at xda-developers.com casually mentioned that he made it work on a Xiaomi Miui device, but it may be through a Custom ROM so... it is an option...

• 2.- Make Insular work on my device? it seems to have a 'manual install' following some commands on adb.

• 3.- Make somehow VMOS private with Purify??
    I won't stop until I regain power over my data... I have to have control over every bit that goes in and out of the devices I use... even though I'm obviously not a CodeMaster but just a dedicated user. Everyone should have the option to continue sharing data with the big companies or not. And is almost our duty to make that option easy to the average user.

5. NST_Adventure

Jun 1, 2019
    1.MIUI Already Have dual apps this is why work profile app like island insular shelter not working maybe try to remove dual apps via ADB help you? idk

2. Why? i see no problem here except is annoying unfortunately there is no alternative way unless your devices is rooted (or at least encrypted)

3. not 100% completely as i said purify only remove the third party server embedded into classes.dex but component will remain there.

Best Regards
    NST_Adventure

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. NST_Adventure

Jun 1, 2019
  7. NST_Adventure

Jun 1, 2019

bru......h

8. MrRexio

MrRexio MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2018
    uh? wha? WHAT?????
    In professor's Shoshana Zuboff own words, IN THE VERY ARTICLE YOU JUST SUGGESTED:

Curious why would you assume I won't read. The book you suggested is definitely worth a try.

Yes !!!! Applause!

Thats great! so we havent lost you!

uh... did you register just to say that? hate to be the foil hat guy but...

If you are a real person: Keep lurking man
    If you are a bot, controlled by a super AI sent here to discourage people into searching for info: I will say I will keep lurkin... and I WILL GET KNOWLEDGE