The undressing of windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by arlawson83, May 3, 2022.

1. arlawson83

arlawson83 MDL Junior Member

Nov 23, 2021
    Hello everyone,

I have a dell inspiron 7577 laptop that can only run windows 10 or 11. I can install windows 8.1, but this laptop has dual graphics and the s**ttel card only has windows 10/11 drivers. Since windows 11 thinks it's ok to update daily and totally f**k up the system with unneeded updates and drivers window 10....sadly....is my only option. I want to have a version of windows 10 pro that is stripped to the core. A true back to the basics version with no bloat at all. I plan on using win reducer to achieve this, but I need to know if these things are available.

1. A way to completely stop windows updates from running automatically using registry entries or a group policy setting. I'm not against installing updates. I just need to be able to choose the updates that my computer actually needs to install. I don't need Microsoft's version of Nvidia graphics drivers that crashes everything,

2. A way to fix that weird ass bug that deletes and corrupts the files on my external hard drive. I don't know why this happens, but my music and movies get corrupted within minutes no matter what drive I use. I have purchased brand new drives and it still does this, but not in other versions of windows so it's something in windows 10 that triggers this.

3. An aero theme with real aero glass effect very similar to windows vista. All the themes after that one have been very dull to me.

4. A way to prevent windows defender from reinstalling after I delete it. It doesn't work at all. I use nod32 anyway so its' not needed.

I know, I know. I'm probably asking for too much. This is Microsoft after all. They probably have 600 ways to undo the changes I make to the OS online or offline, but I'm gonna at least try to accomplish this. Can someone help me find these things?

2. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Why not? IoT is nothing special in that regard. But the considerate thing to do is to try it out and see for yourself.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...