The Ways You Choose To Obtain Windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by TECHNOMAN, Oct 24, 2012.

?

The Ways You Choose To Obtain Windows 8

1. .Purchase new pc/laptop/tablet with windows 8 pre-install

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Already have purchase new pc/laptop/tablet & go for windows 8 upgrade offer at discounted price

15.9%
  3. Will purchase windows 8 disc oem version or upgrade disc or retail

13.6%
  4. Or will use donload version with kms activation & wait for better long-term activation solution

70.5%
  1. TECHNOMAN

TECHNOMAN MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Now Windows 8 is close to released in a couple of days

My question is simple: Which way will you choose to get Windows 8 Choices Given Below

1.Purchase new pc/laptop/tablet with windows 8 pre-install

2.Already have purchase new pc/laptop/tablet & go for windows 8 upgrade offer at discounted price

3.Will purchase windows 8 disc oem version or upgrade disc or retail

4.Or will use donload version with kms activation & wait for better long-term activation solution

Myself i will choose option 2 as ive already purchase new laptop last month & the offer to upgrade at such a good price seems worth ago

i have one concern about the upgrade offer will this give me the option to add Windows Media Center also as i read somewhere on-line this would be offer free for a short period

I also read that samsung will offer customers an option to restore the start button is this true if not which is the best option to do this

thanks

2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    The poll does not contain the options like Technet or Dreamspark or alike

3. MrG

MrG MDL Expert

May 31, 2010
    I already purchased 2 Laptops since June but I also am using my TechNet Prof. subscription for the other PCs Win8 copies now.

4. Niekess

Niekess MDL Addicted

Mar 31, 2011
    If I didn't had Dreamspark then I would have ordered it too.
    60 euro for a complete OS with many features?! So cheap..

5. Roguetomato

Roguetomato MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2012
    Well, Looks like downloading the software seems to be the most popular. who saw that coming?? lol.

6. Nova

Nova MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2011
    And did you get that with a legit Dreamspark account?
    You know what bugs me about this forum and the Dreamspark thing?
    Not trying to come across as "holier-than-thou" but my university pays good money for Dreamspark, and it kinda devalues it when people use exploits to gain access to it :nono2:
    ....I just don't want M$ to pull support for it, its really important for us CS students
    /:ranting:

7. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    For your understanding: The NSBA deal is over since a while and if someone still has access to Dreamspark shows, that he probably is allowed to do so. Fraud is everywhere but not necessarily with everyone :eek:

8. Niekess

Niekess MDL Addicted

Mar 31, 2011
    Yes, with a legit Dreamspark account. :)

9. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    I am evaluating with technet but the key expires after 1 year. Not sure if I will renew, depends on what MS is doing in a year.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. warlordll

warlordll MDL Member

Apr 25, 2011
    For the price i paid its cheap enough :)