The Windows Multipoint Server 2010 RC2 is accessible in a network

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by Vlad62, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Vlad62

Vlad62 MDL Member

Aug 24, 2009
  2. deadly4u

deadly4u MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2009
    Wow... I'm sold. I've had a need for something like this for quite a few years. Didn't think it would be implemented.

it looked pretty good. Didn't have the sound on though, couldn't tell you if it was any good.

3. thibault

thibault MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    i have just one question: how do you activate it??

4. thibault

thibault MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    never mind. i got it: kms server

5. Hoppyah

Hoppyah MDL Senior Member

Aug 12, 2009
    can someone explain how you activate via kms

6. wizardofi

wizardofi MDL Novice

Apr 9, 2009
    The final is now out. I know it is available on Select Licensing (I don't have access to the software itself). Our licening administrator passed this interesting piece of information on to me though:

"Windows MultiPoint Server 2010 is a Windows product for Educational institutions for use in classrooms, labs, and libraries, that allows multiple users to simultaneously share one computer. Users have their own independent and familiar Windows computing experience, using their own monitor, keyboard and mouse directly connected to the host computer. Windows MultiPoint Server 2010 enables more users to access technology at a lower total cost of ownership. Designed for non-technical users, it is simple to manage and use. Important notice regarding product keys: Windows MultiPoint Server shares the same product keys as Windows Server 2008 R2. Please make sure to use the “Windows Web/HPC Srv 2008 MAK A” for MAK activation."

It's microsoft software number is X16-57678 if someone can figure out a way to download it directly.

7. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    Sorry for the Noobie'ish question. :eek:

But how does the graphic system work on this ?
    Does it use multiple Graphics Cards, or some sort of brake out box ?

8. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    Thanks for the info guys, :)

Theres been some talk about setting up a computer club where i'm living.
    This could be a quick and easy soultion. :D

9. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    #13 Tito, Mar 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    A strange problem, indeed. I'm sure DAEMON Tools dont support this incomplete iso and give the last mounted image on front :confused:

So, at last downloaded the full RTM version and decided to share the hashes.........

Code:
    Microsoft.Windows.Multipoint.Server.2010.RTM.OEM.EN-Zuko.iso

CRC-32: 8c452550
    SHA-1: a0f60be4791440e6a7e9e846d9f218007b3dca0c

10. 98Guy

98Guy MDL Novice

May 12, 2010
    I downloaded MPS-2010 back in late January from RapidShare. After I installed it, I noticed that it seemed to have a 60 day activation time period. I gave myself a 10-user license (it was easy) and then I used a Server-2008-R2 product key from a technet subscription to activate it. Worked fine. Gigabyte motherboard with intel Quad-core, 8 gb ram, PCIe and PCI video cards installed (each dual head) means I can plug 4 monitors into this and support 4 simultanous users. Anyone know how to get USB sound out of this (I haven't been able to yet).

11. hack

hack MDL Senior Member

Sep 14, 2009
    I am hoping someone will have leaked the OEM SLP Keys but can't seem to find any. I have used the Multipoint Server 2010 Academic version and RemoveWAT.
    Don't really have all the hardware to test multi terminals but the multipoint Manager was bitching about CAL'S for the multipoint server. RemoveWAT seems to do the job as far as Activation and was able to use a good couple of Remote Desktop connections ConCurrently. Interestingly the academic version has unlimited Remote Desktop licences, according to the MS licencing the academic version requires 1 Multipoint CAL/terminal and 1 Server2008R2 CAL/User with unlimited Users. the OEM version will only need 1 Multipoint CAL/terminal and no Server2008R2 CAL'S however the OEM version will have a 10 user limit and will not be able to join a domain.
    Has any body played with this yet and is the Multipoint CAL Not installed going to be an issue when I connect multiple terminals or has RemoveWAT got it nailed.
    Any feedback on activation would be appreciated, I have modded the bios to SLIC2.1 but the 10 user limit on the OEM version sucks besides which I can't find any OEM SLP Keys and then you would still need to deel with the Multipoint CAL'S

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. taiada

taiada MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2009
    Not able to find key too.
    I'm using RemoveWAT.

13. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Well, I wanna choose KMS method to activate it....... if u need the GVLK key, then PM me......

14. taiada

taiada MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2009
    Thank you for listening.

15. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    I tried using Vmware Workstation 7.1 to test this out but never could make it work cause it would install but the virtual keyboard never worked out....
    That means I was never able to see what hacks would and wouldn't work with this....
    So I guess my question is how do you make this work on Vmware Workstation 7.1???

16. nechrist

nechrist MDL Guide Pack

Apr 24, 2010
    @Smorgan

I have got the same problem too. I've tryed with oracle vbox too and i have got the same error. It seems that virtualization's programs out now don't like that OS so much. I don't find any solution too.