[Theme & Explorer Mod] Have Fully Colored Windows

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by everesee, Aug 8, 2015.

1. everesee

everesee MDL Senior Member

Mar 28, 2012
    #1 everesee, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    #2 s1ave77, Aug 8, 2015
    Huih ... someone started the SUN, i need Glasses. Fortunately mine is darker:
    Win.10.dark.jpg

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. everesee

everesee MDL Senior Member

Mar 28, 2012
    At least we have gray on original colors :D

4. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    #4 s1ave77, Aug 8, 2015

Interestingly one can force the dark theme for the Apps but not Explorer or Sys Pane (still stay white).

This is UxStyle/OldNewExplorer with Poison Theme (slightly modified to show white text instead of red one) for Win 8.1 by Mr GRiM.

And a Bingo for AeroGlass:

Win.10.dark.aero.jpg

5. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    That theme does work on Windows 10, but I notice a lag in the start menu, plus the Windows logo is gone! :(

6. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012

I use StartIsBack++ which works flawlessly with the Theme :D.

7. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    I avoid that program like the plague! I love my start menu just the way it is! Finest kind!

8. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012

Would never dare to use the Win 10 XAML Crapp. The most useless feature as for how they integrated it.

They actually managed to make it even worse than the (slightly crappy Win 7 one), no submenus, no fly-outs only stupid SETTINGS and the systems user pathes i also never ever use :doh:.

But a lot of space for CRAPPS, which i, guess what, also do not use at all.

9. slayer9450

slayer9450 MDL Member

Aug 3, 2015
    Well the Law of Averages says at least one person will...

10. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    Oh my! The start menu in 10 is totally effing awesome. I do not see how anyone could not like it. I am sorry that you don't.:confused:

11. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Best is default design; a dark ""Start Menu"" and a shiny white Explorer ... who designed that nonsense.

From what i see, that ""Menu"" is more pain than gain and often not responding. Since i need my machine for more than a Browser and some Weather and News; it's a NO-NO!

12. rewar

rewar MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2014
    #12 rewar, Aug 8, 2015
    I imagine that people who don't like "CRAPPS" wouldn't like it. I actually wanted to give a few of them a try, but the obnoxious 3x wide tile grid makes the menu bigger than I'm willing to use(my account is bugged since it's the tp one and I have 4x wide tile grid I think a 2x wide tile grid is optimal). The sorting mechanism is neat but in the end completely useless and whats more it ADDS more clutter to an already cluttered all apps menu. I use to love having Mycomputer and the control panel show up as menus under the win7 style start menu. I usually sort my all apps with my own folders by function, now you can't even right click to open the location in explorer (still possible to sort this way). So the start menu in 10 is totally effing awesome would be like saying hitler is the worlds best hero, just a completely batsh*t opinion. Even if us that hate the win10 startmenu are a minority, we are very vocal and very motivated. Besides the start menu is only 1 of a myriad of problems with windows10 currently, being a slight shell freak I find that the win10 UI overall is atrocious (32px tall white title bars anyone?). The coloring of explorer or window frames in general has been a feature since win95 I think, what's the thinking with getting rid of it now? I love that people have found solutions to these problems but these should be official features. Although without ms breaking sh*t left and right we wouldn't have such great little programs like Classic Shell or Windowblinds, sometimes I'm torn between having ms getting it right or completely breaking sh*t.