These days what is the best way to make a minimal install?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ryouga, Jul 1, 2022.

1. ryouga

ryouga MDL Member

Apr 15, 2008
    When I say minimal I mean the usual get rid of bloat and never used apps and make close to Windows 7.

What I do now is download a image which someone else has updated, convert to wim, use msmg toolkit to remove most things it lists, then dism++ to tweak things, then NTlite to disable services I think are correct. Then I add to post install directx, vbasic, openshell

There must be an easier and better way to do this.

I do a similar thing for my android phones I pick a rom with latest version and no built in apps.

On a side note is there a way to pre install graphics card drivers, I can never get my Nvidia drivers to install until after Windows itself has installed.

Is there a way to bypass Windows going online during install without removing cable?

Finally, do any drivers need installed to boot img, I notice if I don't then post setup files don't install and I have to remove usb drive and put back in,

2. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    Is there a way to bypass Windows going online during install without removing cable ?
    Yes, Via xml file. (Answer file)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    @ryouga I'm impressed very very interesting :eek: