Things to Consider Before Buying Android Phones

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by JairusMarl, Oct 24, 2013.

1. JairusMarl

JairusMarl MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2013
    Before buying an android phone, there are lots of things you should consider first. Consider what are your priorities and necessities of a mobile phone you most needed. Also, research on the specs of the certain android phone that you have chosen to buy. Read more about the latest android phone reviews to help you decide which android phone you may want to buy.

2. fat_luck_cat

fat_luck_cat MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2013
    yes, that's right.
    many people have love brand, it is a important factor too.

3. realraydon

realraydon MDL Novice

Sep 5, 2013
    the key factor is what are your needs and use it for what.

4. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Also is there an active community for custom roms for your phone? That's an important factor for me too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    For me, how the hardware looks is important. I can live with all modern phone OS. I have had no problems with Symbian, then windows phone, and now android. Do wish though that the android phone call history and call management was as good, clean, and easy as Symbian and windows phone/lumia 800.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. fat_luck_cat

fat_luck_cat MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2013
    for security problem and the years of use,
    i choosed Nokia lumia 920

7. realraydon

realraydon MDL Novice

Sep 5, 2013
    Windows phone is pretty reliable.

8. RawData

RawData MDL Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Few more things to consider.

- Modification factor, I.E. is the bootloader locked?
    - Does the manufacturer fill the phone with it's crapware?
    - How fast are updates and new Android versions available for considered phone?

I don't usually get phone which is just released. They usually contain more bugs and the 3rd party developers (XDA) just are not there yet.

9. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    I personally would not buy a Windows phone. I'd rather have a phone with a free development environment. (like android) If I see an app I like, but certain functionality is poor, I can code up an alternative app.

Also, I will -NEVER- buy anything apple. (Except maybe an apple pie. :) )

I -need- to be able to -factory- unlock the phone in case I need to move it to a new carrier. I don't do contracts, so it's month to month for me. The phone also -must- be able to be rooted, so that I can get rid of all the bloatware and crap that the manufacturers dump in the phone.

Not to mention a software firewall for Android that would allow me to block adverts and junk. Solicitors and unwanted callers are easy to block with Extreme Call Blocker.

My dream "phone" would be an unlocked Android tablet with a built in 4G LTE phone. I'd be able to read books, surf the web, and field phone calls if need be. Apart from the iPad, I really haven't seen anything out there that's 4G.

Maybe soon...

:MJ

10. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    #10 Myrrh, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  11. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #11 Muerto, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021

12. Smith John

Smith John MDL Novice

Jun 29, 2015
    Before buying consider these things:
    1. For what you are going to use your phone.
    2. Battery life
    3.Durability
    4. Updates are quick on your phones or not.
    5. Popularity & cost.
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: