Thinkpad t430 - Windows fresh install

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by JacksonMG, Jun 9, 2017.

1. JacksonMG

JacksonMG Guest

Hey y'all,

I just got a t430, 1) has anyone experienced running 7 vs. 10 on this computer, any preference? 2) where would I go to find the most up to date Windows 7? Or would just installing a clean iso with SP1 be fine? (I want to avoid all the massive updates) and 3) which program is preferred to update Windows?

Thanks in advance,
    Jay

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    1. No advise from me available
    2. Not on MDL, only DIY (simplix pack (offline) or WHD + 7UI script)
    3. Simplix Pack (Live) or WUMT

3. GodHand

GodHand MDL Addicted

Jul 15, 2016
    Windows 7 works perfectly fine on the ThinkPad T430. Quite honestly, I prefer it more than Windows 10 (Windows 10 also works perfectly fine on the T430).

I have a T430s that I've had for a while before moving to the new ThinkPad T470 and Dell Latitude E7470. I still use the T430s regularly, and have used Windows 10 on it for quite a while before going back to Windows 7 Ultimate.

The reason I prefer Windows 7 is because all of the ThinkVantage software works with Windows 7, which is premium Intel/Lenovo software that is able to utilize all the hardware security of the laptop to maintain optimal device security. Windows 7 was the last of the OS' that allowed for total end-user control - before they began provisioning hardware security by default during Windows' installation in order to peddle their own junk security like eDrive.

Any Windows 7 variant will do and it's easy enough to set it up in pure UEFI mode. Go grab the Intel USB 3.0 drivers and add them to your boot.wim and install.wim so you can utilize USB 3.0 during installation. I'd also head to Lenovo's website and grab all the software you will need depending on the hardware you have. There's not much and the device will update itself with whatever you're missing, anyways.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...