This copy of windows must be activated with microsoft before you can log in

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by deefuuck, Jan 28, 2010.

1. deefuuck

deefuuck MDL Novice

Dec 23, 2009
    This copy of windows must be activated with microsoft before you can log in, do you want to activate windows now?"

Hi all! Currently your computer using Windows XP Sp3 but present it to the logon error message this copy of windows must be activated with Microsoft before you can logon. Do you want to activate windows now " If i click "Yes" or "No" Wilndows will not open.

2. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    I suppose you just like to get into windows?
    I don't remember the exact command, try these 2:

Alt + F10 , Command prompt will appear --> type: Explorer.exe
    Ctrl + Alt + Delete, Taskmgr will start --> Application Tab --> New task --> type: Explorer.exe

3. deefuuck

deefuuck MDL Novice

Dec 23, 2009
    Not working Please any one help me ..

4. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    You should still be able to boot into safe mode..If it is, indeed, a licensing issue. If it is a virus, you may not have this option. If you can boot into safe mode, load the OEMBIOS tool onto a cd or usb drive and run it to activate the OS..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. cingularv551

cingularv551 MDL Junior Member

Oct 11, 2009
    winlogon has some sneaky programming in it. you can launch \windows\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe from an unactivated copy of windows. but attempting to launch explorer.exe results in messages about not enough quota.

6. cingularv551

cingularv551 MDL Junior Member

Oct 11, 2009
    make sure you choose safe mode WITHOUT networking. winlogon still enforces activation if you choose safe mode WITH networking.

7. deefuuck

deefuuck MDL Novice

Dec 23, 2009
    Thank you every one who trying to help to solve my problem.

My Problem is solved. I found a patch file for activate.

8. arun2785

arun2785 MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2010
    hi deefuuck........

Can u share the patch file here.......it will help someone having the same problem...

9. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    That didn't solve your problem just delayed it till patch gets knocked out you should have made oem slp cd.

10. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Yes, this is why I put it in for damage control..not a primary option. The version I have is easy to uninstall. just unregister the .dll and it is gone..delete away. OEM is the best way.

I have altered the tool again to change the timestamp files to do away with the MGAdiag errors on dump...just to appease some of the picky ones..(I guess it helps with WFP also..)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #11 urie, Feb 6, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
    @ 911medic, wasn't getting at your VLK to OEM tool great work there M8 but you know no excuse now with DMI boot cd and fresh install and an HP OEM cd job done.
    That seems to be the problem with a lot of peeps don't want to or don't know how to reinstall windows.

12. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Then they should use paper & pencil if you ask me

sebus

13. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Most are lazy, I suspect. It is entirely too easy to make a OEM CD and put a string in the DMI..

I guess it is easier to have someone else do it for them....I think I couldn't ask someone to do it for me without trying myself first..where is the fun in that??:rolleyes:

I think if someone doesnt know how to do a repair install, or a fresh one for that matter, shouldn't be dicking around with a computer anyway. They jump into things assuming someone will bail them out...

If you can't fix it yourself, you best not break it...:biggrin::doh:

14. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    There wont be one here....sorry. It isnt hard to find if you read a bit...:cool: