Thoughts on AUTOIT

Discussion in 'Mixed Languages' started by levin91e, May 9, 2012.

1. levin91e

levin91e MDL Novice

May 9, 2012
    Anybody have any experience with AutoIT scripting? Just wondering if it is worth working with.

2. L0L

L0L MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2011
    I only used it to deal with repetitive (somewhat) simple tasks. I know that gimagex was coded in it.. so it can become extremely useful if you have prior experience with any coding.

A pos for it is that you can pick up on the language quite quickly imo.

3. stevemk14ebr

stevemk14ebr MDL Senior Member

Jun 23, 2010
    i think it can be very useful i have used a few scripts ive found online before for switching sound inputs and stuff but i have little to no experience actually codingi t

4. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    Depends on what you want to do. I started exploring autoit, then discovered autohotkey is enough for me. If you just want some basic scripts and particularly key combos AHK does the job fine. I have a few AHK scripts set up on this machine which automate stuff like update and quick scan with mbam, use Ctrl+C and Ctrl-V in cmd prompt and hotkeys for everything ranging from opening notepad to emptying recycle bin. Take a look here if you're interested.

www.autohotkey.com/forum/

5. levin91e

levin91e MDL Novice

May 9, 2012
    Thanks everyone for letting me know what you think, my plan was to use autoit to create GUI's that will display the status of my servers, dvr, and some environmental stuff. I just want to be able to look in one place quick for this information instead of wasting 20 minutes every time I want to check the status.