Three Quick Questions

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by opeeum69, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. opeeum69

opeeum69 MDL Junior Member

Jan 29, 2008
    1. Quick Question 1: can i install upgrade to Vista first, then flash bios, and then activate?

Reason for asking: I need to boot into dos, but I read that I can't do that in my win xp;

Details: In the bios flash instructions for Abit IS7 MB, it says to boot into dos or safe mode if using win 98

But I read on google that my win xp really doesn't have a true boot into dos capability, and I'd need to make a boot disk. I have no windows xp disk either, nor do I like having to make a boot disk if there are alternatives. Does vista allow booting into dos?

2. Quick Question 2: In the same bios flash instruction text file, it says to run is724.exe to extract all files, I only see one .exe file and it's named 'awdflash', do I just run this program instead? would I type in command prompt: run awdflash?

I've attached the bios flash instruction in txt written by Yen

3. Quick Question 3: When it says to run "runme.bat" with switches, how do I actually execute the command in command prompt

I ask since the instruction was unclear, runme.bat occured twice in the instruction, please see the attached instruction text file if you need to

I've attached the bios flash instruction txt written by Yen

Feel free to help out with just any single one questions :)

thanks very much

Attached Files:

2. CreativeMan

CreativeMan MDL Novice

Jan 31, 2008
    Hi,

Triple posting will not give you more answers, instead of that it could be the contrary.
    Use a floppy disk to boot on dos and then run your flash utility with the command lines.

Bye,

3. opeeum69

Jan 29, 2008
    #3 opeeum69, Feb 9, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
    (OP)
    my last single post didn't get me any replies, it just quietly went to the 2nd page

this time i spent alot of time editing the post so it's easier to read, it only made sense to cast a wider net now instead of multiple posting anyway over the cycle of posting and waiting

people usually don't look for more answers than that which is simply necessary to get things going.

and how is your reply of any use other than to show that you're miffed about a perfectly good request at help

if actually meant to answer questions, instead of measley attaching something to keep you from looking bored enough to tell us you're miffed, you'd realize you did nothing more than simply repeat my questions.

and yes, indeed to the contrary, i've already gotten one unecessary answer

4. rennya

rennya MDL Novice

Dec 5, 2007
    #4 rennya, Feb 9, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
    For question number one, yes. As long as you do not enter a serial. For the rest of the question, I dunno.

5. opeeum69

Jan 29, 2008
    thanks rennya :)

6. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    I close here now. Please do not post questions that often.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...