"Time"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Leslie_Coffelt, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Leslie_Coffelt

Leslie_Coffelt MDL Member

Feb 6, 2014
    There have been times of great honor, commitment, passion and achievement. All I wanted was for those times to last a little longer. But they didn't.

There have been periods of unspeakable horror, agony and injustice. All I wanted was for them to end sooner. But they never did.

I blink, and a lifetime has passed.

2. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Certainly fits into chit-chat... no complaints there.

3. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @Leslie: I'm at the age where I'm feeling that way more and more. I'm watching family and friends die. And I'm watching everything and everybody change around me.
    And I too am wondering where the time went. At least I have my memories. Yes, they're bitter-sweet, but they're all I have.

The greatest thing that I possess is my friendships. It seems that I've chosen a few friends very wisely, as they have remained close to me over the span of many years.
    In a changing world, they have not changed. I'm grateful for that.

And I try to let them know that with my words and actions. That's all I can do, and I owe them that much.

Live with honor and integrity, die with grace and dignity. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @ adorable MJ same here I also think so :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    @Tiger-1: I haven't said it to you, and it needs to be said.

You are a wonderful person with a kind heart. I have much love and respect for you and yours, even though we've never met.

Much love to you and yours. :hug2:

6. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    @ OP
    Good times are always too short bad times always too long. Wishing otherwise is a priori futile.

Some poetic statements in this thread. Though I refer to philosophy, I'll be a little more pragmatic:
    The Murphy Philosophy: Smile . . . tomorrow will be worse.

7. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    When We were children, my mom had a plaque on the wall.

It said "Someone said cheer up, things could be worse. So I cheered up, and it got worse.".

8. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @ MJ OHHH!!! I and my wife are loving your beautiful and pure words :hug2::hug2: