TinyWall in Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by manix, Aug 22, 2015.

1. manix

manix MDL Junior Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Hello.
    Does anybody have a problem with this program in Windows 10 ? Each time I start a whitelisted program, TinyWall freezes and drops the internet connection for 20-30 seconds.
    I mostly want to know if this is a general bug with Windows 10 or something on my machine and if someone has any idea what is going on.

2. manix

manix MDL Junior Member

Aug 18, 2012
    It doesn't have wiki and I've read the site several times before posting. I've also emailed the contact email.
    Please don't assume I'm stupid.

3. herrkarl

herrkarl MDL Junior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Did you try that from TinyWall FAQ: ?

TinyWall's service crashes, or is often unavailable to its Controller, or I get UAC prompts on boot.

Probably some other security software is interfering with your TinyWall installation. Make sure that the TinyWall Service is not disabled by you or by other software, and that security, control, or sandboxing software on your computer does not limit or restrict TinyWall.

Another possible reason could be bugs in TinyWall's service that make it stop or crash for an abnormal reason. If there is a file called "errorlog" in C:\ProgramData\TinyWall, please send this file to me so that I can investigate any issues and make corrections if necessary.

4. saura

saura MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2015
    #5 saura, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    It seems there is a compatibility issue with tiny wall installation on windows 10. When you are installing it get stucks in the end and I can see that the .net optimization services under the taskbar are using 99% CPU and it doesnt move unless you kill the installation.

Logs below:
    Code:
    Installing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\TinyWall\TinyWall.exe'.
    Affected parameters are:
       logtoconsole = 
       i = 
       assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\TinyWall\TinyWall.exe
       logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\TinyWall\TinyWall.InstallLog
    Uninstalling assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\TinyWall\TinyWall.exe'.
    Affected parameters are:
       logtoconsole = 
       assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\TinyWall\TinyWall.exe
       logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\TinyWall\TinyWall.InstallLog
    Removing EventLog source TinyWall.
    Warning: The source TinyWall is not registered on the local machine.
    Service TinyWall is being removed from the system...
    An exception occurred during the uninstallation of the System.ServiceProcess.ServiceInstaller installer.
    System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The specified service does not exist as an installed service
    An exception occurred while uninstalling. This exception will be ignored and the uninstall will continue. However, the application might not be fully uninstalled after the uninstall is complete.
    Installing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\TinyWall\TinyWall.exe'.

5. neville2

neville2 MDL Novice

Oct 13, 2009
    TinyWall seems to be running fine on my W10, although I'm no expert, and may be missing something. Is there anything specific that I should look for?