Discussion in 'Application Software' started by CHEF-KOCH, Dec 14, 2013.
inside of Part2_Tools
Thanx alot Sajjo & Borland for your asewome job
My credits goes to @LostED who provided links in the first place, i´m just his minion
I just login to Symantec fileconnect website, but it still shows the old version 14.2.1031.0100
What about Mac's version?
Mac client is found on Part1_Trialware - SEP_MAC.dat
You need to login to view this posts content.
im curious. in windows version you have that bug on latest version when it dosent open with double click from systray?
thanks for sharing
Works like a charm - Windows 10 with SEP 14.2.3332.1000
don't have them, sorry
why not this way ?
No this way .....no thanks
The links that you referenced are for a much older version of SEP.
All the same, thanks for taking the time to reply. Have a pleasant weekend.
have you checked?
This is correct, the only version I can locate there is 14.2.1023.100.....even though that trial download option was listed as being April this year. Looks like latest version RU1 has been removed. File connect still has 14.2.0 MP1 from 26 Nov
Apologies, you are correct. I didn't look closely enough at the middle of the trial list which starts and ends with MP1 variants.
Guide on how to install the SEP client (version 14.2.3332.1000) using Symantec's trialware
1. After the download is completed, right-click the file and under Properties -> Digital Signatures -> Signature list -> Highlight Digest algorithm sha256 -> click the Details button. Check that its digital signature is OK. Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_14.2.0_RU1_Part1_Trialware_EN.exe was digitally signed on 21 April 2019.
2. Do NOT double-click Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_14.2.0_RU1_Part1_Trialware_EN.exe. If you do, you will install SEP Manager and console.
3. Use your favorite zip program to unzip Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_14.2.0_RU1_Part1_Trialware_EN.exe. I use 7-zip which is free and open source.
4. Go to the extracted folder called Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_14.2.0_RU1_Part1_Trialware_EN. In it there are two folders: Resource and SEPM.
5. In the folders SEPM -> Packages, do as follows:
a. If you wish to install the 64 bit client, change the file extension of SAV64.dat to SAV64.zip.
b. Extract the contents of SAV64.zip using your favorite zip program.
c. In the folder SAV64, click Setup.exe or Sep64.msi to launch the installer of SEP client. You may install the latest version of SEP client over the old one. I have done it and there have been no issues so far.