[DISCUSSION] Symantec Endpoint Protection

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by CHEF-KOCH, Dec 14, 2013.

1. amanda

amanda MDL Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Thanks, it began to work a bit later. But where do I get clean wipe?

2. Foomanchoo

Foomanchoo MDL Member

May 15, 2020
    Clean Wipe 14.3 RU1

https:**dl.comss.org/download/CleanWipe.zip
    Replace ** by // in address

3. Taranis01

Taranis01 MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2015
    Can anyone tell me what is with this Notice on Broadcoms site (URL: knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article/151364 )
    and if and how it might affect the protection of the builds that are shared here? Does "Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise" also have an unmanaged client?

4. raph123

raph123 MDL Novice

Feb 16, 2021
    Hello,

im searching 12.1.6 MP10 french version any chance to get it here ?

Thanks

5. Mks1440

Mks1440 MDL Novice

Jul 9, 2018
    strange behavior with SEP 14.3.3385.1000 when runing games trainer they just freeze in the background and the task manger shows the program not responding and have to end the task.
    disabling SEP or add these programs to the exception list lead to the same result...............but when uninstall SEP they run normal ? have anyone faced such problem.
    I think SEP lately is not working right

6. Mks1440

Mks1440 MDL Novice

Jul 9, 2018
    Sajjo

appreciate your support

did try these suggestion by you, unfortunately it did not work.

I do believe SEP is blocking these programs and it is broken and that why it is behaving strangely.
    again removing SEP ,reboot and windows security system (defender) take over,these programs run fine after excluding them.

7. Herbert_Hissel

Herbert_Hissel MDL Novice

Mar 2, 2021
    Hi, do you have a PM for the german version?

8. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Sajjo

Sajjo MDL Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Post some info: screenshots, sw files, anything you like. You can PM me if you prefer. I don't mind looking at this closer together with you:)

Regards

10. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Foomanchoo

Foomanchoo MDL Member

May 15, 2020
  12. toto1968

toto1968 MDL Novice

May 4, 2013
    Thank You LostED , very good

13. digilifeluver

digilifeluver MDL Novice

Nov 5, 2017
    Thanx alot LostED, owning the place again.
    the first link is not working anymore (disabled due to rate trafic or similar...)

14. digilifeluver

digilifeluver MDL Novice

Nov 5, 2017
    Hey Mks, i had exactly same problem few weeks ago, and it was concerning all "fling's trainers", process was not responding, and only a black window appeared after a while.
    disabling and stopping SEP (with command "smc -stop") and no effect, but uninstalling completly SEP seemed to solve the problem, the trainers were running again, BUT i noticed a problem while SEP was uninstalled, when i was running the trainers or firefox , the "encyption service" was running higher and sending datas through network which was absolutly not regular (i am not using any encryption tool). For instance Firefox was very long to quit, and the encyption service was running max meanwhile. and i noticed that with SEP installed, nothing was happening... For me, something really nasty was running downthere, i tried several scans and notin been found, so i wasn't able to fix. So i did all from scratch, wiped sys drive and reinstalled win. All is fine now. I know this solution is worst you can choose, but i've tried to fix for several weeks before having no other choice than reinstall.

Now, i'm doing some sys backups from time to time using Acronis True Image, just to avoid reinstalling win hehe.

15. digilifeluver

digilifeluver MDL Novice

Nov 5, 2017
    Thanx alot luzea :p