Tip to increase performance while using Kaspersky Internet Security

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by ian82, Mar 23, 2012.

1. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    Also to get disk defrag to perform a complete defrag click on same as above and choose self-defense uncheck enable self-defense --> defrag --> and last don't forget to turn it back on when your done

3. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    This does disable Cloud protection.

If you want to keep cloud protection on but don't mind a little performance hit since you're submitting everything to the cloud for checking, then what I suggest you to do is do the above trick, install all your software that you need to, then reenable it when everything is setup.

Again, you are not disabling the avntivirus/firewall, you are disabling participation in the Cloud protection AKA Kaspersky Security Network.

I do tend to format a lot and find it takes double the time to install all my software with this enabled.

I am not really worried since Kaspersky Internet Security / Antivirus is the best and most secure amongst any other antivirus I have tested. The Cloud protection is good for people who constantly visit fishy sites and download cracks/warez which I never do so Im not thrilled about Cloud protection.

Add to that, I have MBAM Pro running in the background as a second line of defense so....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...