To andrey_sebastian hp530 bios

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by reginakampher, May 9, 2008.

1. reginakampher

reginakampher MDL Addicted

Apr 5, 2008
    #1 reginakampher, May 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Hey, I got an idea about your bios and how to mod it (sort of). This is just an idea so don't criticize me if it sounds dumb. I'm just trying to help. Use HWDIRECT to dump the SLIC table from the address indicated by EVEREST. Once you dump it then manually edit all 374 bytes so that it contains the proper SLIC. Then write it. I think Yen said that your OEM table ID was also incorrect so edit that too and write it. Now flash your bios normally within windows and it MAY fool the bios flashing program into thinking that you have a Vista OEM computer and therefore should flash your bios including the SLIC table since the bios image contains the SLIC table. What do you think? Let me know if it works or not.

For those of you not familiar with HP530 bios Vista activation problem, see

http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/1601

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I think your idea is clever and worth to try. There is a chance that it could work.
    There must be a check somewhere, but IMO it is the bios itself to be checked.......(a flag, or a byte pattern, or a signature). Don't forget to correct the RSDT OEMTABLEID as well!

Please report, I'm curious as well.......

PS: If you want to get a mod, why don't you make a call to everyone to ask for a dump of a activated machine???
    It's up to you..........

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. apoorvasheth

apoorvasheth MDL Junior Member

Jul 25, 2008
  4. werecatss

werecatss MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2009
    #4 werecatss, Jan 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
    Help Forgot my bios setup password

I password my computer bios setup now i cat set boot priority to CD-rom please how can i reset or flash the bios. should any thin happen to my OS
    im in :confused:deep soup.my pc is hp530