To those who don't know the difference between warez sites and MDL.

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Dolorous Edd, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Instead of second guessing the rules or the admins why don't you just ask yourselves why those rules exist. Torrents and cracks are not allowed for very good reasons.

If you can't see the distinction between warez, cracks and simply taking advantage of flaws in MS activation platforms then you are in the wrong forum.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    I agree with you! You are 100% right! Nowadays MDL was invaded by a bunch of people that don't know this difference.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sangalaviral

sangalaviral MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Same here some people tried to ruin this particular forum...and yen has to take the hard step which was the last resort...

4. madeinheaven3

madeinheaven3 MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2010
    i agree to start banning SMORGAN he is the biggest spam here he call himself developer what a developer he is just developing empty world and copying and posting someone else crack

5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Don't try to make our job....you are unwelcome at MDL.
    How long will it take until you've got that?

6. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    This is not why I started this thread, if you want to point fingers make sure one is pointed back towards yourself. Just stop.

7. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
    So your first post is already a spam...
    No doubt this is not your first account created...
    I suggest Yen can make sth like registration code to stop these barbarians coming into MDL.

8. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I do agree with blackranger's suggestion

9. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    We are working hard on it. Cannot tell here what it is..;)
    The problem: We cannot know what person will be such an barbarian...

Everyone is welcome at MDL. The behaviour of a member (the postings made) shows then who is nice and who not......we simply can ban after..

10. ioniancat21

ioniancat21 MDL Member

Apr 27, 2008
    My thoughts........

If anything, my opinion was that MDL was a site talking about many things related to computer technology and not a place to get warez or torrents from. When I come to MDL, usually I'm looking for release dates of software, or popular workarounds. I've never really used any of the links from MDL to download anything but what I do like is that they display the names of popular Microsoft .iso files so I can then Google for my source. Just to say, the admins here are doing a great job and I for one am not going to make it tougher.

Cheers, CAT

11. antidotecrk

antidotecrk MDL Novice

Sep 29, 2009
    I agree 100% with what my father has stated, people keep polluting this forum with ridiculous requests for cracks and posting cracks for software, it needs to stop and now.

12. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Thanks.

Actually we need to block MDL (IP range block) to hold them off from posting warez.

Their behaviour is simply disgusting (especially that from 'madeinheaven').

It's like somebody comes into your house and dumps illegal stuff there and forces you to offer it to others. Then when you ban him (lock your house) and throw away his dump (delete his threads) he complains about it, telling you that you aren't respectful to him.
    The story doesn't end here:

He comes again (another identity) and finds another way to access your house. Then he dumps again his c**p......
    Finally you tell him that he's unwelcome in your house...but he tries again and again fully convinced that he's right....

It's not understandable to me in what way people are defining what's right and what's wrong. It seems to me an absence of education.....

They presume to have the right to judge on what's right (here at MDL)....

13. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    haha, nice comparison dude. It actually works. As for the banning of the IP. Do you have any other method of banning, like lets say MAC Addesses? If you just ban their IP, they can proxy their IP and get in again. I used to run a site that is gone now but we had the same issue. Banning ppl by IP and having them come right back in like 5 minutes or so. As far as I know if it is possible to ban by MAC Addesses, I don't think a computer can get around that because it is a physical unique ID of each computer if you did not already know that.

14. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I know about MAC addresses. Vbulletin doesn't ask for it and it's not a part of the IP protocol (MAC address not transmitted)...by using a proxy you probably would receive a foreign MAC address, but not yours of your own NIC...and it could be faked as well..

15. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    oh ok, I honestly was not sure, I was just trying to think of a way to ban ppl so they can't come back just by using a proxy. Too bad there is not a better way to do it though.

16. Isis

Isis MDL Novice

Oct 10, 2009
    I blame M$! They give full access to the registry, even have Kb articles on how to hack it! They even build DOS command prompt functionality into W7...its like they're tempting us to peek under the hood and start tuning! What's wrong with those M$ folk! For pity's sake! :)

17. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Its kinda tempting cuase it pretty much paints a bulls-eye on MS with being able to hash something together so easily. As for the MAC part yes you can change the ID there I actually looked into it a while back but just got too lazy to actually try it cause its of course stored in the registry lolz its like the answer to life but thats 42 haha...

18. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    ok Well A) MAC address is stored inside the firmware on your NIC and B) is only used for identifications on networks, for example:
    Your ISP to identify you
    Other computers on your network to identify you

It is not transmitted over the internet.

19. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    There is a sad truth to that....

20. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    But the MAC address can be spoofed right?