Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by PAYMYRENT, Aug 10, 2012.
You need to login to view this posts content.
For those using windows 7 use this:
Would blocking MS Servers via hosts until restore is done instead of asking the user to mess with adapters be a valid method?
I am working on adding W8 support to MTK. Backups, and a working Keygen are the main issue. This is how I would try it.
One could disable the adapters in code, but that is a bit too invasive for me.
PS: In my code, I run activation to "Refresh" status (in addition to the WMI Call to RefreshLicenseStatus, which Office doesn't have). Activation doesn't need to pass, but I see here is an opportunity where it would lose an activation.
Instead of disabling the network couldn't you just have users (or the program) go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SoftwareProtectionPlatform\Activation
and set Manual to 1?
This disables auto activation AFAIK
can we talk on gtalk whenever I was going to ask you a couple things... and maybe it might work and you might have to correct me below if im wrong...
I thought that was only for KMS activations.....
As far as I know it's not, In win 7 disabling auto activation during OOBE used to set that DWORD to 1 as well, so I think it works for all channels.
OK I'm on, and I don't know what that reg entry does.
as far as I know windows 7 didn't try to auto activate when your installed a key... so who knows..
it did not work for me, end up re install windows again
welcome back buddy, good to see you here again and thank you for the contribution for the members.
what part isn't working?
same to you what part isn't working
did you deactivate windows before you tried to restore if it was on the same install? all my testers 5 or 6 of them say its working fine.. the rest haven't tried it yet
created a backup, reinstall windows and tried to restore backup... but it didnt work
and now kms way is also not working will have to wait .........
it didn't restore my activation on a clean install and screw up activation process so i had to format and install again.
ok make a backup of a clean install don't install drivers or anything like that... for some reason activation isn't working with new drivers installed.. i.e. changing the hardware hashes will mess it up... try again.. how did it mess up your system.. was this the only program you ran or was it a .NET error? that might be it. it was telling me illegal characters in path that may be the problem.. ill rewrite a backup *.CMD to see if it fails then
ok all I got was a COMException which means it didn't install the key properly... maybe that was the problem... ill update it. try restoring it manually like the guide says
Maybe the problem can be the "data.dat" Backup / Restore on your application.
lol i just corrected my self just before your post, it screw up activation process having error to run all slmgr comand.
so i format and did a clean install and restore my activation manually
Sometimes it's just easier doing things manually without programs. It takes very little time once you know the process.
Nothing personal against you and your program PAYMYRENT, just my personal opinion.
the fun is the trying part and i did use your guide to restore my activation in the end