Tokens.dat and non Genuine message

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by elinx, Mar 14, 2010.

1. elinx

elinx MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2009
    Can someone please tell me if Tokens.dat is changed after updating.
    I have a retail version of W7pro 64 bit what is activated at octobre 2009.
    Beginning of march 2010 I got sometimes the NonGenuine message and the asking to validate, what I not have done because I don't want the KB971033 update if there is something wrong with my install.
    The online validation, if I want to download something from MS, is OK.

I have run several times MGAdiag after I got this message. The program write logs in the programdirectory "MGADiagToolOutput" by cabfiles. Within these cabs are 2 files. One is Tokens.dat. I have compared these Tokens with Total Commander and they are al different.
    Because of this I have replaced my backup of Token.dat from octobre 2009 and till now I don't got the message anymore.

2. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    If you've paid good money for a retail copy of Windows 7, why are you putting up with BS from MS? You should post your problem at the MS support site.

3. elinx

elinx MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2009
    Your maybe right, but I dont want to mess up my installation by MS and their updates. I want to know what is happening.

4. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    Are you sure u r using this key in a single computer,other wise it might be black-listed..
    or have you changed any hardware currently

5. elinx

elinx MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2009
    #5 elinx, Mar 14, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
    (OP)
    I am sure that I use this key only once. Its directly from MDSNAA. MGAdiagnose tool say its a genuine retail version.
    I haven't changed any hardware.
    I have only one time activated after install and backup the tokens.dat and pkeyconfig.xrm-ms with Paymyrent's tokenrestore tool.
    Never had problems till begin of march.

6. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    Do you have an MSDN membership? Hope this key was not bought off ebay.

7. elinx

elinx MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2009
    Student membership. I got two copies of Windows 7 Pro, 32bit and 64bit. Both with their own key. Only the 64bit gives the problem.
    The SPP service is automatic delayed