Too many download link! I'm lost! Looking for the real pro version :)

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ixdai, Sep 8, 2018.

1. ixdai

ixdai MDL Novice

Jun 13, 2018
    Hello,

There is really too many download link and topics, I'm totally lost!
    I don't know where I can find the Windows 10 version without this s**tty Candy Crush and other things!
    I bought a Microsoft Surface Book Pro to get a Professional laptop but I don't have the same definition than Microsoft...
    Can you help me? I'm look for the real pro version of Windows 10 x64 :)

Thank you very much!

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  3. ixdai

ixdai MDL Novice

Jun 13, 2018
    Yes, I have the official Windows 10 Pro but it's full of useless things (Candy Crush, Dolby Access, Hidden City, My Office, News, ...) and I don't like it :/
    Is there a real pro version? :)

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    No, that would be homebrew, homebrew iso's are not allowed, although lately there is a constant public nagging for downloadlinks to some.

You could try to install the LTSB/C edition (also available on the tool i linked to).

5. ixdai

ixdai MDL Novice

Jun 13, 2018
    What's the difference between B and C?

6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    They changed "Branch" to "Channel" for the next LTS release.

7. ixdai

ixdai MDL Novice

Jun 13, 2018
    And what's the difference between Business and Customer?

8. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Did you check the build info threads?

9. ixdai

ixdai MDL Novice

Jun 13, 2018
    Yes, it's about language but I don't understand :/ What's languages?

10. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Business = VOLUME (doesn't include Home and or CSL)
    Consumer = OEMRET

11. ixdai

ixdai MDL Novice

Jun 13, 2018
    Thank you! That's really not simple to understand xD
    The language has nothing to do with the "format/target" xD

12. Saxle

Saxle MDL Novice

Mar 13, 2018
    #12 Saxle, Sep 8, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    When you install Windows 10 Home/Pro, it will by default install all Candy Crush and all sponsored content. You can disable that by adding the following registry keys via Command Prompt. (Remember to reboot afterwards)

I do this on all clean install systems and I never get sponsored apps appearing.

Code:
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "ContentDeliveryAllowed" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "OemPreInstalledAppsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "PreInstalledAppsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "PreInstalledAppsEverEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "SilentInstalledAppsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "SoftLandingEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "SubscribedContentEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
    reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager\Subscriptions" /f
    reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager\SuggestedApps" /f

When you fresh install, you shouldn't be connected to the internet. If you are connected to the Internet at any time during your user account creation, and during the preparing Windows animation, Windows will automatically download the sponsored applications (Candy Crush, Spotify, and other nonsense).

Remember these registry tweaks are only for the current user, therefore, creating an additional account would require reapplying the tweaks.

13. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Homebrew's are not allowed on MDL (this forum) just the user could use it with no problems!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    But he won't find any homebrew iso's here.

15. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    Fortunately, I hate stupid censorship. When someone posts ISO and then his link gets removed, I PM him to send me the link, others can freely play with MDL toys wasting their time. :)

17. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  18. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    Because in order to change something, especially when it is a bad decision, people have to discuss it, otherwise women still would not vote or drive, alcohol would be illegal, etc.
    Over 20 years I have never ever encountered any custom ISO, which would contain something, because the target audience is too small and script kiddies are generally lazy for that.
    Whenever there is a new release, I have to download it from elsewhere, because MDL forum is too noobish to alow people share theirs, no wonder it feels like something has died here.

Considering, that MDL forum is all about customizing and creating various scripts and tools, it is almost funny, even MSMG Toolkit = a custom ISO. :D