TOOL: Autorun.dll patcher - Unlock powerfull Windows Setup

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by George King, Dec 15, 2020.

1. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
    #1 George King, Dec 15, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
    Reserved

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Brother i Found a Typo in your Patcher Script :
    Code:
    echo Place folders with x64 (64bit) INF drivers here >>"%IMAGE%\drivers\x86\README.txt"
    echo Place folders with x86 (32bit) INF drivers here >>"%IMAGE%\drivers\x64\README.txt"

it must be :
    Code:
    echo Place folders with x64 (64bit) INF drivers here >>"%IMAGE%\drivers\x64\README.txt"
    echo Place folders with x86 (32bit) INF drivers here >>"%IMAGE%\drivers\x86\README.txt"

4. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
    @mdl052020 Thanks, stupid typo :D

Updated!
    16.12.2020 - v1.0.2 - Fixed typo in drivers readme files

5. Brother Your Autorun Dll Patcher is Great . I have tested it & it worked flawlessly at my end :)

6. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
    Best thing is you can still use fully Unattended install with ability to select Unattented file or force one them by editing Settings.ini and Dynamic drivers folder is very suitable for USB installers :) Also when you use OOBE.cmd tutorial too, Windows now have prefectly driven setup.

7. yes i have used everything as according to your suggestion & it worked flawlessly for win7 install. Tmrw will test with win10 as source.
    but one thing oscdimg is already there inside project directory then why its not used to create iso of source plus you can use 7z.exe & 7z.dll to extract ISO to a directory inside project so that everything will be done directly via script for end users :).

8. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
    It's here for future use, but I still don't like adding drivers into this project and building ISO at one time. Its nice to patch it and make ISO on your own, maybe single script like BuildISO.cmd can be great.
    Pointing ISO will be added too. That needs some new handling with Config.ini file for Patcher or choice for user. Both can be done. But I'm still busy with another huge project now. (And also with real life too). This patcher, AIO maker and OOBE tutorial was born from complex project and I posted only parts that can fit for all Windows versions.

9. Reducer

Reducer MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Nice job here GK, but be sure to check WinNTSetup by JFX.

10. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
    Yes, I know this project exist, but its really different type of method and without Upgrade setup support.

11. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Is your tool good for in-place upgrades using multi-editions isos?

12. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
    Absolutly this patcher is only part of Windows Setup AIO Builder for 7-10 with install.wim / install.esd thats was main goal when I was building it. If you find any problems I would like to reproduce and fix it if possible. But from my findings all works.