[TOOL] EzWindSLIC: Easily activate Windows 7/Vista/Server 2008-2022 on UEFI-GPT

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by Deleted member 1435102, Apr 9, 2021.

?

Should I use powershell in this script to add more features? Vista will no longer be supported.

Poll closed May 7, 2021.
  1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. knewbieno1

knewbieno1 MDL Novice

Jan 28, 2015
  2. No. The solution you provided doesn't seem to have the option to use a custom SLIC, but I am trying to use Clover, which can also perform same task.

3. knewbieno1

knewbieno1 MDL Novice

Jan 28, 2015
  4. knewbieno1

knewbieno1 MDL Novice

Jan 28, 2015
    Can you elaborate it further? I don't see the necessity of using a custom SLIC - after all most people just want it to be activated, nothing more.

5. There is not a huge need really, but I have seen that in some cases that certain profiles work and certain don't work. Plus, my tool matches mobo with SLIC profile, just like Daz loader did.
    Also, my tool needs to keep all certs so that it can activate Windows if a valid SLIC is present. As I have to keep all the certs anyway, so I also provide the possibility to use the profiles for SLIC emulation.

6. knewbieno1

knewbieno1 MDL Novice

Jan 28, 2015
    I see. It's indeedly a necessity if such case exists, even if it's not common. Thanks.

7. Hello guys,
    I need some advice,
    which one of these looks better?
    ezdesign.png

8. Krinal

Krinal MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2018
    I would prefer standard black background.

9. +1 with Krinal

10. Yes, I think you guys are right, the blue background causes an optical illusion (for me atleast) where it seems that the text has a black outline.
    Anyway, I have kept the blackground but made the text a bit brighter (dull white becomes bright white and dark yellow becomes bright yellow)
    EzWindSLIC 3.22
    Use brighter colors
    Fix bug with edition id detection

11. EzWindSLIC 3.3
    add display of license status reason message

12. Hello, I am looking for someone willing to test my project, my testing capabilities are limited. Thanks.
    Ffs, I have never even used my tool on anything other than VMware :p

13. cbsvitzer

cbsvitzer MDL Member

Feb 4, 2010
    #213 cbsvitzer, Jul 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    Thank you @Exe Csrss
    I have testet EzWindSLIC 3.3 on real hardware. A Lenovo T430 in UEFI mode. After having installed it and rebooted, this is the result :(

Attached Files:

14. Krinal

Krinal MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2018
    @ExeCsrss If I remember correctly, the new server OSes requires MSDM and SLIC in bios only. It doesn't work on emulated slic.
    That was the reason I guess DAZ doesn't updated support for server os 2016/19 in his loader.

I may be wrong. That's why I asked in my previous messages that if this method works on server OSes.

15. I tested in Vm, works fine...

16. WindSLIC has trouble emulating SLIC on newer hardware. You can use KMS38 to activate.

17. Krinal

Krinal MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2018
    May be cause it was vm?
    We need to find a proof for real hardware.

I'm looking for the message in forums if I find that statement about emulated SLIC

18. It is probably because WindSLIC doesn't work properly on newer hardware. Anyway, SLP activation on these OS is quite silly by emulation, KMS is much much better. I added support just for the sake of it.

19. Krinal

Krinal MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2018
    #219 Krinal, Jul 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  20. cbsvitzer

cbsvitzer MDL Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Of course...
    However this T430 is from 2012. Not exactly new hardware :eek: