[TOOL] s1ave77s S-M-R-T SVF ISO CONVERTER v0.51.01 [1903/LTSC2019/Techbench]

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by s1ave77, May 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pechius

pechius MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2016
    deleted

2. pechius

pechius MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2016
    Actually it did download both EVAL and SVF, but for some reason did not convert these to ISO. CMD tool works fine, though.

3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #783 Enthousiast, Dec 9, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    Next time select to directly download the desired iso, when it fails, post the progress info.

Afaik, most of the svf files, created for the tool to use for svf>iso conversion are not available for manual download.

4. brbmdl

brbmdl MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2013
    Need help urgently, please:

Hi all,
    Ive spent the whole day reading numerous pages in this and other Windows 10 topics and I must confess I am thoroughly and utterly confused with all the different versions, tools, acronyms etc.

I am trying to obtain the latest official build of Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit.
    I have downloaded the svf2iso tool gui version, and on the first tab selected 1809_2_VLSC, Business, x64, Standard, en-us.
    Then the tool downloaded the eval iso and then given me the final iso with this name : SW_DVD9_Win_Pro_Ent_Edu_N_10_1809_64-bit_English_MLF_X21-96501.

But when I try to burn the dvd it will not fit on a 4GB dvd, so then I tried to make a bootable usb.
    The usb stick is 8GB, and when I use the above mentioned SW_DVD9_Win_Pro_Ent_Edu_N_10_1809_64-bit_English_MLF_X21-96501.iso with RUFUS, it makes the bootable usb disk but at the and of the process, RUFUS tells me that in order to be able to boot from this disc I have to turn off uefi secure boot.
    I have no idea how to do this, I went into my UEFI bios and tried to find the option to turn secure boot off, but I can not find it. And if I change nothing in my Uefi bios, the usb will not boot and start the install process...

Is there something Im missing here, how do I make a bootable usb using RUFUS and this SW_DVD9_Win_Pro_Ent_Edu_N_10_1809_64-bit_English_MLF_X21-96501. iso file so that I am able to boot from the usb and install the version I want ?
    Can someone please explain the whole process to me in simple terms without all the confusing abbreviations and jargon, what do I need to download, what do I need to do, step by step, in order to get functional bootable media from which to install latest official build of Windows 10 Enterprise x64 bit?

Thanks in advance.

5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    This seems to be more of a rufus/installation question then a SVF2ISO one.

Extract the content of the iso to a folder and either split the install.wim into multiple install.swm* files or compress the install.wim to install.esd**, delete the original install.wim and you can simply format the USB key FAT32 and copy the content of the folder to the usb key, it will be able to boot UEFI/GPT and LegacyBIOS/MBR, without the need for 3rd party software.

Code:
    Dism /Split-Image /ImageFile:x\install.wim /SWMFile:x\install.swm /FileSize:3500
    Code:
    dism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:"x:\install.wim" /ALL /DestinationImageFile:"x:\install.esd" /Compress:recovery /checkintegrity
    Or use WIM<>ESD: https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/esd-wim-conversion-batch.54007/#post-903619

6. brbmdl

brbmdl MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2013
    Thanks for your reply,

I will try doing what you suggested (compress the install.wim to install.esd) with this wim2esd tool.

Isn't there a way to just get only 1 specific Windows 10 build (for instance only Win 10 Enterprise 64 bit for business) with svf2iso tool instead of this all-in-one iso approach?

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    The official/original iso is AiO, the tool downloads the official/original iso.

If you want you can only export the Enterprise index to the new install.esd.

8. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Rufus seems to be a bit to confusing for many;)

9. c123go

c123go MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2016
    Thank you! Very Very Much.

10. Sajjo

Sajjo MDL Member

Feb 6, 2018
    #791 Sajjo, Dec 10, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    @brbmdl
    Just a addon to @Songokuh post, easy2boot is also UEFI capable
    (I have not tried UEFI boot with this, only legacy but it is possible)

easy2boot is meant to copy your iso/iso´s as is directly to a usb memory stick
    Windows and Linux
    :)

Edit:
    You would need a DVD-DL for this

11. brbmdl

brbmdl MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2013
    How do I export only the enterprise index to the new install.esd ?

12. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Rufus has it's own thread: https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/update-rufus-usb-tool.50859/

13. brbmdl

brbmdl MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2013
    ok I will give easy2boot a try.

I did not have any dvd-dl discs :), I had only 4GB discs and an 8GB usb flash drive.

14. brbmdl

brbmdl MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2013
    Thanks for the link, tho my post was not strictly a problem with rufus, it was a problem with making a bootable media out of the iso image I downloaded through svf2iso.
    Perhaps I should have posted my question elsewhere and I do apologize if my post is considered ot, but I needed urgent help and didn't know where else to post :(

15. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    The source of the iso has nothing to do with the fact that MSFT let the size of the install.wim increase over 4GB. If you want a consumer iso with install.esd directly, use the MCT. Or download the ESD file manually and convert it to ISO with install.esd, by using ESD>ISO by @abbodi1406.

Or just compress it to install.esd or split the wim into multiple install.swm files <4GB a piece, to be able to fit on a simple FAT32 formatted usb key.

16. Songokuh

Songokuh MDL Novice

Mar 14, 2012
    @brbmdl must let Rufus choose the file system. DO NOT CHANGE the option that Rufus chooses. Rufus for win10 64-bit what it does is create 2 partitions on the pendrive. A small partition in fat16 where it puts the boot sector, and another in ntfs where it puts the files containing the win10 iso. So if you prevent Rufus from doing this by choosing another different file system for the pendrive then this will not work correctly as you have already been able to verify.

Regards...

17. oldee

oldee MDL Member

May 27, 2012
    a side question.
    What is a best of easy and simple unattended write/print .cmd batch txt display during it is running?
    Thank you.

18. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    When it's finished, rightclick the titlebar of the cmd window and click "edit" > "select all" > rightclick the titlebar and "edit" > "copy" and past it in a txt editor on on a forum in code tags.