tool to created windows 10 and windows 7 installation in a single usb drive?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by fardeen, Aug 1, 2015.

1. fardeen

fardeen MDL Member

May 11, 2010
    i want to be able to install windows 7 from my usb while having an option to install windows 10 without formating my drive. basically i want a usb tool to allow me to have both installation inside a single usb drive.

2. Beatsy

Beatsy MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2015
    bump bump bump

3. Simpuhl

Simpuhl MDL Senior Member

Aug 8, 2012
    I know with windows 7 you can have multi editions and even 32/64 but with Windows 10 I was asking a few days ago about u select between home, pro, enterprise, etc during install and nobody really gave me a good answer. I think you can do it because of the ei.cfg got removed? Not sure. I hope its possible to make multi editions still. As far as 7 and 10 in same install, well Ive seen people make 7 and 8 in same install so I am sure its out there. I can't remember the tool name. Personally I like to keep them separate because I randomly go back and integrate more windows updates.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. fardeen

fardeen MDL Member

May 11, 2010
    if you remember the tool please let me know, i need to install win 7 and then win 10 and i dont have a dvd drive

5. fardeen

fardeen MDL Member

May 11, 2010
    thanks! gonna try it

6. Ja9

Ja9 MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2013

If you download ISO files from the Create Media Tool from MS, you will only have the version you select..
    But if you download from TechBench, you will have both Pro and Core in the same image :)
    You can also download in ANY language you want!
    They also have KN, N and Single Language ISO's.

I'm not able to post links.. So just remove the spaces: www . microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench

7. fardeen

fardeen MDL Member

May 11, 2010
    i think i might have been able to do it using YUMI. someone at neowin posted a nice guide about it. gonna try it

8. Emulators

Emulators MDL Novice

Jun 30, 2015
    problem with easy2boot is that it put .iso file on usb witch then lead to failed to load driver. im looking for similar solution only wit extracted .iso in separate folder not in root. Yumi can make boot menu but it exracts files on root of usb and win7 and win10 has to many similar filenames so it wont work unless you put extracted .iso's in separate folders

9. uffbros

uffbros MDL Senior Member

Aug 9, 2010
    I have posted many times about this..I also wanted an .iso that could have Home/Pro 32/64 Bit but most modern computers use the new and better UEFI GPT Disk format. In order to install from a USB thumb drive it has to be formatted in Fat 32,which has a 4GB limit size of the Install.wim. These .iso's are much larger than that thus you can't do a UEFI GPT install.