Tool to update/write DMI fields for Fujitsu

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by int0x13, Jan 31, 2012.

1. int0x13

int0x13 MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2010
    Hello, i got a Fujtitsu Amilo P5615 which had the motherboard dead and was replaced with same motherboard model replacement, but the new MB has not all the DMI field filled, such as serial number of system and MB S/N. I searched for a tool to write those fields...with no luck.
    Found that there is a tool called csn.exe (GUI) and serialno.exe (CLI), they say it's on the fujtisu support site, but cant find it anywhere.
    uk.ts.fujitsu.com/rl/servicesupport/techsupport/software/CSN/CSN.pdf
    uk.ts.fujitsu.com/rl/servicesupport/techsupport/software/Serialno/SERIALNO.pdf

I've tried with the tool dmiscope (say that it cannot write the DMI zone), and also with phlash16.exe with no luck (phlash say it cannot work with himem.sys loaded something like that).
    I can say you it's a phoenix bios, but i dont have phoenix bios *.wph or *.rom, but instead of that i got *.bup proprietary Fujitsu bios format file. This *.bup can be unzipped and we have *.ocf *.omf files.
    Thank your for your help

2. int0x13

int0x13 MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2010
    Thanks a lot, i was unable to find the tools typing their name into the search form, and same on google. I'm curious how did you find them?
    I will now try to use them and keep you informed.