Tooltip Covering Notifications/Action Center Icon

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Quejikos, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Quejikos

Quejikos MDL Novice

Nov 14, 2009
    Surprised I can't find any posts about this annoying problem. When auto-hide the taskbar is enabled, the tooltip pop-up (e.g., "No new notifications") for the notifications icon covers the icon itself. This results in having to click twice to open the Action Center (once to make the tooltip disappear, another to actually open notifications sidebar). If auto-hide isn't enabled, the tooltip properly appears above the icon like for others icons (e.g., Network, Speakers). Is there any way to fix this?

2. pauldamo

pauldamo MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    i tried it,i didn't have to click twice,just moved my mouse a bit and it disappears,then i can click notifications.

3. Quejikos

Quejikos MDL Novice

Nov 14, 2009
    So the same thing happens to you too? Yes, that also works for me, but we shouldn't have to do that. The tooltip is supposed to appear above the icon like how it does for the Network and Speakers icons, not on top of it. It only happens on the Notifications icon. This problem occurred on a Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 and now on a clean Windows 10 install... I can't think of what could possibly cause this, and I don't understand why it's apparently not happening to everyone.