Torrent downloads, is it possible to disconnect the ethernet connection for internet

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jraju, Jun 13, 2013.

1. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Hi, I had the problem when i downloaded some free downloads from using torrent download, and since peer and seer are simultanerous, i thought of uninstalling the torrent. But the exe could not be deleted. I searched and deleted all instances of torrent, including my downloads, I went to regedit and did a clean wipe of any entries. After that, i rebooted and found to my happiness that all is well, but failed to notice, that eventhough, the modem is glowing all connections, internet etc, i could not access internet from any browser. So, i checked the connection etc. I was astonished to find that my ethernet connection is not established. I had to reinstall the windows to totally get rid of the problem.
    My question is : is it possible to stop the ethernet connection with their program.
    Nowadays so many persons are using this. if this is not correct, then how it hit only my computer. I have lost important programs because of this

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    As in most of your post's no infos enough!

Please post all details incl. the name of programs used etc. and what you'd done in details, so we would be able to directly help

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Maybe he simply shot his LSP stack with that 'clean wipe'. Registry is not for the faint-hearted. :chempoff:

4. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    hi, Pisthai, sir, I have downloaded a old english movie, and when i downloaded, somebody uploaded. So , after downloading the movie , i tried to close this . When i tried to delete, i have explained , in detail what has happened. i do not remember the torrent name.Carlo sir, Could a program do that much harm to the computer?

5. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    #6 jraju, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
    (OP)
    Thank you. I think that it is safe to avoid using. Once i start the download only, i saw that peers and seers, but my friends are downloading freely huge files. I also heard that it is not from servers site,but from computer to computer. Thanks sirs