Toshiba A205-S5825 regular shut down at start up

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mohkam, May 13, 2014.

1. mohkam

mohkam MDL Novice

Dec 18, 2013
    Hi! An urgent help is needed for Toshiba A205-S5825 regular shut down issue.
    Platform : ISKAA LA-3481P Rev : 2A

Steps already taken :

1-cleaned fan system (was a little dusty but not clogged), removed dried paste and applied new one to CPU and GPU.

2-Tried naked mobo with a working ram, CPU, KB and Lcd display, enter bios screen, lap always shut down after about 1'50s.

3- Scanned mobo with an infra-red thermometer, Max temperature registred 42° at SB, so no heat issue.

4- Checked Thermal Sensor ADM1032ARM :
    VDD : 3Vs
    D+ 2.38V
    D- 0v
    EC_SMB_CK2 and _DA2 : 5.6V each
    pin 4 "Therm#" and 6 "Alert#" not connected.

Please note that CPU of A205-S5825 series doesn't use big "Nec-Tokin cap" but 330uf small caps.

Also Tried with Mobo +ram +fan but without CPU it also shut down at about same time.

Has any one dealt with the same issue, or any clue as where to dig further

Thank you

2. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #2 PhaseDoubt, May 13, 2014
    Last edited: May 13, 2014
    You had a similar problem in your "Dell inspiron N5010 erratic shut down" post. Did you get that resolved? If so, the same fix may work here.

Did you get your "Hp pavilion Dv6 display fail" problem solved? All those posts and you never said anything about the outcome.

3. mohkam

mohkam MDL Novice

Dec 18, 2013
    Dear colleague, if you review my post, y'll see that I got no reply to it!!!
    And not giving any feed back, normally suggests that problem is outstanding (not yet solved). Now if you have any clue, better reply to the post, that will be more helpful....Also, In my Dell post I mentioned "erratic shut down" i.e irregular shut down, and in my present post I spoke about regular shut down, so the fix must be different.

If you check my post, y'll see that I did reply to you and almost every one, And when problem is definitely solved, I'll give feed back.

4. mohkam

mohkam MDL Novice

Dec 18, 2013
    Toshiba A205 shut down issue is not yet solved.

Didn't get any suggestion to fix the problem. Please help to solve issue.

5. 35rem

35rem MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2013
    #5 35rem, May 27, 2014
    Last edited: May 27, 2014
    may need to find a different occupation
    About mohkam

Biography:LAPTOP AND DESKTOP CHIP LEVEL REPAIR TECHNICIAN
    Interests:COMPUTER-ELECTRONIC-CHESS

6. 35rem

35rem MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2013
    this is a common issue with most brands and could be hard drive,memory,cpu or gpu and multiple other hardware including bad chips or caps.
    I have one Dell that the gpu needs re-flowed and a HP that has a bad cpu or gpu.
    also have a acer that had a bad hard drive that would constantly reboot I replaced the hard drive and it is fine now.

so that is why you get few reply's
    you can use google or other search engines and find most issues