Toshiba a210-16f recovery problems

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by titbb, May 2, 2010.

1. titbb

titbb MDL Novice

May 2, 2010
    Yes, the upgrade flash went wrong with me also, as so many i've seen.

I tried getting 3 different bios versions from the internet, 2 from the toshiba site (2.0 and 2.1 i thought) and alaa200a.rom.

When i make the crisis disk with the crisdisk.bat (even doing it in DOS) it copies all files on the floppy, also tried the different phflash versions. Older ones seem to actually load for 2 minutes, the newer ones tend to load for a few seconds then stops and starts loading again etc.

Needless to say, all my efforts with those bios haven't paid off for one bit.

When i put the notebook normally on, and when i press the Fn button on the keyboard, the Fn light actually lights up, but nothing else happens.

Anyone who might have any idea what to do more, apart from buying a new bios chip?

Thanks in advance.

2. bp1

bp1 MDL Member

May 11, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bp1

bp1 MDL Member

May 11, 2009
    It seems that the boot block is looking for the bios. I am sorry but i have no further advice. Hopefully someone will come along with further help.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    Fn F key to do recovery i believe.