toshiba a300-276

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Sonium, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Sonium

Sonium MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2011
    Hello guys, i had alot of problems removing bios password (didnt know i could edit the platform.ini when flashing bios), so i tried removing the cmos battery (stupid action, its insyde h2o efi firmware) and shorting pins.
    After a bios update, that successfull removed password, the laptop wont send signal to shutdown. It lets power led on, wireless led aswell, and fan.
    Its not related to OS, tried other stuff and it happens anyway.
    So, it can be a bad configuration in bios, or ive damaged something while taking cmos battery or shorting pins.
    Any idea of what it can be? I don't wanna send it to toshiba.

2. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    #2 x86, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
    Welcome to MDL :friends2:

That sounds like it goes into some sort of Sleep / Hibernate state. I would check Power Management settings in BIOS and Power Options settings in ... (what OS are you running?)

Since you did a CMOS reset - all BIOS settings are back to Default, so I doubt this is the problem. Have you changed BIOS settings to something else after the CMOS reset?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sonium

Sonium MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2011
    #3 Sonium, Jul 25, 2011
    (OP)
    Thanks! :thumbsup:

im running win7, which i doubt it has anything to do it, since it happens with live cds aswell.
    bios look fine, havent change anything, it doesnt have that much to change anyway.

Edit: Now i let it end battery charge to see what happen, powered up a/c, got 3 lights without touching any button(a/c light, power light, battery light), guess power light should start just by connecting a/c. fan is working aswell.
    Pushed power button, nothing on screen. ;)
    Guess i have to shoort the damm pins under memories again.

4. Sonium

Sonium MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2011
    ok so i was able to downgrade the bios to 1.9 modded version i've found. But i still have the same problem. It still leaves the power led on/fan.
    Any idea?

5. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    #5 x86, Jul 25, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Sonium

Sonium MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2011
    linux distros, it might have something to do with the cmos battery, cuz the connection to the board is a bit damaged, not sure if it does still.

7. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    You mean the battery slot being damaged? I d also like to ensure that the battery itself is not dead (or almost dead). It's cheap to buy - so I d give that a go as well.