toshiba bios password

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Hoppyah, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Hoppyah

Hoppyah MDL Senior Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Anyway to clear this? m200 portege

2. ricksy50

ricksy50 MDL Junior Member

Sep 15, 2009
    on mine only if you know what the password is,it asks for the old one before you can reset it

3. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    All you have to do is put your cmos jumper switch in the pwd reset or clear pwd position and that will reset the password. You can also download a programme from the web that will find your cmos password. Try googling "find cmos password". Hope this helps. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Hoppyah

Aug 12, 2009
    I'm not on about the cmos pwd.

Thw one where you switch it on and it asks for a pwd

6. wyrman

wyrman MDL Member

Nov 21, 2007
    I take it you mean the logon password.

7. Hoppyah

Aug 12, 2009
    yep thats the one

8. ricksy50

ricksy50 MDL Junior Member

Sep 15, 2009
    The windows logon?? or the toshiba startup password??
    If its the toshiba black screen start up password that is embedded in bios and no amount of removing battery or resetting bios will help,its a tosh security feature only service depts can read and reset the password,its expensive.
    The windows logon can be got using a linux disc just search for xp password reset.

9. Hoppyah

Aug 12, 2009
    will that work on Toshiba black screen password :confused:doubt it

10. chevyluvin

chevyluvin MDL Novice

Jan 25, 2009
    I am not shure if this will help but none of the regular tools (printer port key,remove cmos battery,cmos password tools "it wont get to the point to run those") worked for me.
    so I found the service manual and it describes a floppy "diagnostic"/"setup" tool that you need to press "u" before starting and during startup of the laptop.
    in the setup screen of the tool it will show and allow you change the password
    now I just need to find that tool
    this was for a A45-S151 P4 3.3ghz laptop the only other option was to flash a bios chip and replace the old chip with the new chip as thats where the password is stored

11. bazznet

bazznet MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2010
    Hi chevy

Where did you find the service manual ? I too have this problem with an older Toshiba Satellite A135. Goggling reveals it is a known bug in these older Toshiba bios but mine is out of warranty and I'd rather not pay Toshiba to fix a problem with their own product. Apparently it can be fixed by them so surely the method must be " out there somewhere LOL"

Cheers
    bAZZ

12. comandoed

comandoed MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2008
    I have a similar problem with a Toshiba Tecra A6-EZ6311. Asking
    for BIOS password even though this model was not included in
    the ones with the factory defect. If you find a solution can you
    email me solution. My profile name here is COMANDOED.
    Thanks

13. RawData

RawData MDL Member

Mar 4, 2008