Toshiba C650 using InsydeH20 bios p/w locked [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by PC Tech, May 24, 2012.

1. PC Tech

PC Tech MDL Novice

May 24, 2012
    #1 PC Tech, May 24, 2012
    Last edited: May 25, 2012
    Hi, I am working on a laptop Toshiba C650 that has had the bios password activated. It is using InsydeH20 bios.
    The owner has no idea what the password is and maintains that they didn't set one at all.
    I have tried to clear cmos by method of removing cmos battery with no luck. I tried to download a bios update from toshiba support site but the file downloaded in an .exe which I can not run on the laptop as it goes straight to the bios password.

I am wondering if there is a fix for this with a bios mod? and if anyone could help me?
    Please message me if any more info is needed.

Thanks in advance ;)

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    look for XXX or J1 under ram sticks.. might be under black tape cover.
    procedure is take 1 ram out leave 1.. take battery out .. short the J1 or XXX while powering on.

3. PC Tech

PC Tech MDL Novice

May 24, 2012
    [SOLVED]
    Thanks for the reply LatinMcG.
    I did end up finding the right jumper on this particular model instead of J1 or xxx it was actually called B500
    Once the bios p/w was reset I was able to load into windows. I did encounter the main user account being corrupted but after that was fixed up all good.
    Would of been an easy fix if I knew then what I do now.;)

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    yah i forgot to mention the 500 case forgot first letter.. not J500 not C500. forgot it was B