Toshiba crashes on startup, please help

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by HomeDesigner, Apr 28, 2014.

1. HomeDesigner

HomeDesigner MDL Novice

Apr 27, 2014
    I have a Toshiba Satellite L350-D that runs vista. Last night my boyfriend was playing a game on it and it powered off, the power supply no longer holds a charge and the universal charger I bought years ago often (and unnoticably) falls out so this is a common occurrence and usually has no long term ramifications.

Immediately after it crashed due to no power I pushed the charger back in but the light that indicates it is plugged in wouldn't work. I left it to this morning, after removing and replacing the battery the plugged in and battery charged/charging lights now respond but it crashes on start up.

The first few attempts it went to the screen where you can start in safe mode, normally etc. The last few times it's gone to the screen with normal or start up repair as options. If I leave the battery out for a hour or more it gets to the typical start up screen and crashes (powers off) before the log in screen. If the battery hasn't been removed for a prolonged period it crashes before this point.

In all cases crashes means powers off. Any suggestions/insight are much appreciated. Thank you.

2. ismethere

ismethere MDL Senior Member

Apr 7, 2014
    #2 ismethere, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
    Dear friend, If you could run in safe mode it's would be better.
    try back to in safe mode by F8, and choose in safe mode option
    Last Known good configuration (Advanced) and Hit enter.
    and see what the result. i hope you got lucky.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...