Toshiba L305-S5944 Invalidated Cert, No/corrupt SLIC

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by H0bbes, Apr 17, 2010.

1. H0bbes

H0bbes MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2010
    #1 H0bbes, Apr 17, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
    Thanks to you all, I've successfully modded a few laptops. Much appreciated.

I have a real doozy here...
    I'm working with a Toshiba L305-S5944 with an Insyde BIOS.
    Originally it had BIOS version 1.60. I flashed with a bootable USB stick to version 2.10 posted elsewhere on the forum, and it worked FINE until I goofed it up.

Here's what I did- I changed the $OEM$ folder in a Dell Win 7 x64 Pro image to a Toshiba $OEM$ folder without checking to see that it was untouched. That's what I get for using The P*rate Bay without verifying it...it was a Gateway/Packard or something with mismatched SLP keys and certs.

This confused me [since I checked the $oem$ folder later], so for the first time, I used David's SLIC Toolkit to see if something was wrong in the BIOS. EVERYTHING was green EXCEPT the product key, and there was "no certificate found" in red at the bottom [and RW Everything showed SLIC 2.1.] I thought this meant the certificate in the BIOS though, so I reflashed with 2.10. Here I got the "SLIC OEM ID or Digital Signature Error" message.

Now I'm panicking...so I reflash back to 1.60, with the same result [obviously], then to 2.20 from Toshiba's website. That didn't work...so I try 2.10 modded again, then 2.20 successfully modded myself with the Phoenix Flash Tool. So now I'm stuck. I have a valid Volume License from a school I go to but I want to get this working just because I'm PO'd at myself...any suggestions? Your help will be much appreciated.

2. H0bbes

H0bbes MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2010
  3. curriegrad2004

curriegrad2004 MDL Novice

Dec 3, 2008
    Seems like your DMI information got corrupted somewhere because the SLIC seems like it's been masked. If you can get a hold of Toshiba's DMI tools, you should be able to restore the corrupted SLIC table.

4. H0bbes

H0bbes MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2010
    Thanks, I'll try to find those tools- I appreciate your answer :)