Toshiba NB100 12A Insyde H2o bios, recover from bad flash please help

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by bobert01, Jun 19, 2012.

1. bobert01

bobert01 MDL Novice

Jun 13, 2012
    #1 bobert01, Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
    SOLVED !!! oh god i think ive just had an accident erm sorry everyone yes it appears that ive just XXXed everwhere

ok that worked, my bricked netbook is now unbricked thank you

process is:

1 take everything off the laptop like all external drives and battery
    2 leave internal hdd, ram keyboard etc all the normal stuff leave that but unplug battery and external extras basically.
    3 on a working machine go to oem site (toshiba's site) and search for your bios file at presant its 2.10 download it and extract it and put it onto a pendrive thats FAT32
    4 on the pen drive root place the following files that are your newly downloaded bios files:

platform.ini
    iscflash.sys
    iscflash.dll
    InsydeFlash.exe
    Ding.wav
    AR10X210.FD -> click 1 time on this file when its coped on the pen drive and then paste it and then rename the coped file to BIOS.FD so that you have 2 .fd files

5 so on the root of the fat32 pen drive you have all the above 7 files 2 are the same but 1 is a copy
    6 i dont know if you need all the files but these are the files that i had when it worked
    7 making sure that the little machine is off with nothing on it plugin the pen drive
    8 with the power cord in hold down Fn + F buttons and turn it on
    9 i then let go of the Fn + F buttons when the green LED of the pen started blinking.
    10 i then re-pressed Fn + F and heled in untill it rebooted took all in all 15 seconds i was then able to go to bios settings etc

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH I WAS GOING TO THROW IT AWAY

Props : [FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]LatinMcG you are a god / goddess among others ![/FONT]

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    per andys tool Phoenix/dell/efi says its
    Recovery filenames are: BIOS.f?
    the ? must be d... fd ?

3. bobert01

bobert01 MDL Novice

Jun 13, 2012

so all i need to do is rename the bios file to BIOS.FD ?

thank you ill try that .

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    seems it worked.
    u got lucky.. sometimes bootblock is damaged and needs to be desoldered and programed in eeprom programmer.

5. mrorange1972

mrorange1972 MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2012
    Hello and good day!

I just stumbled across this thread whilst looking for a solution to repair my NB100 netbook. I don't understand how to create the pendrive files. When I download the BIOS update from Toshiba I only get a file named "AR210.exe" and no other files. Please help, any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance......

6. bloodysun

bloodysun MDL Novice

Dec 22, 2012
    BOBERT01

thanks a lot YOU ARE MY HEROOOOO!!!!!
    YAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I JUST REGISTRATION
    on this site just FOR YOU!!! for big THANKS!!!

7. Dr_Ipac

Dr_Ipac MDL Novice

May 7, 2013
    Tomorrow friend will bring to me Sony Vaio with locked bios... It has same H2O BIOS. Please can you tell me is this solution with pen drive good for sony too? Thanks

8. Mad Maru

Mad Maru MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2013
    Sorry to jump on an old post but I have a similar issue flash didn't finish properly and i turned notebook off manually. It loads bios but when loading win 7 it blue screens and turns off quickly. I have tried to repair boot etc no joy so I am thinking its due to the bios update not completing, I have made bootable flash drive but cannot get all specified files as above only AR210 can someone help me past this point?