Toshiba satellite c660d-1ep- bios problem

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by sly2803, Sep 29, 2013.

1. sly2803

sly2803 MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2013
    hello i am new to all bios things so please be patient on me :)

lets start my story i got toshiba C660D and i did wrong mistake and download wrong bios from toshiba site and reflashing my laptop but after reboot got black screen(my wife laptop, she nearly kill me lol) i found new bios but i dont know how to recover my laptop if someone will be able to help me i will be the most happy man in the world(as she is grampy now)
    After having investigated, the conclusion is I have corrupted the BIOS which now needs to be flashed blind.

So I got hold of a 512MB memory stick, formatted using FAT through windows XP, and used Wincris to create a bootable disk – having added the
    bios.rom file (renamed to Bios.wph) which I extracted from the latest BIOS update from the Toshiba site.

My memory stick has three visible files on it – Phlash16.exe, bios.wph and minidos.
    I plug stick into laptop with battery, DVD drive, and power cable disconnected, hold Fn+B down while re-connecting cable…and switch on.
    The fan whirs at full speed and the USB stick lights up (doesn’t flash though). No matter how long I leave on, the fan keeps whirring and the USB light stays on and when I disconnect and re-start – still a black screen.
    After a bit of reading found program to check what name you need to recover bios and my bios is "AMIBOOT.ROM" after i used "AMIBOOT.ROM" to recover bios still no luck with, got flashing usb disk about 10-15sec and stops when i leave for a bit nothing happens.
    can anyone help me please ????????????????

b.regards to all members for your time and efford :)

sly2803

*****************UPDATE***************************

LAPTOP IS TOSHIBA SATELLITE C660D-1EP
    PART NO. PSC1YE-02H008EN

2. sly2803

sly2803 MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2013
    yes pretty huge but someone got eye problems lol
    sorry for confusion but i got confused myself about what bios what inside until i check with tool
    i did try i you suggest "Fn+ F, Fn+X, Fn+` " only what is working are "Fn+B" don't know if that chip are not holding down to recover bios
    if someone can explain me how to put 2.048kb (bios file) on floppy disk drive what got 1.44Mb ??? ( i think is not possible)
    did try few pen-drives from 512mb to 2gb with both boot-able usb or normal nothing works if someone got similar problem please let me know what to do
    if no luck i already spoke with one of the ebay seller about new chip already programmed to my board

P.S to admin/mods please remove other post as i post there and think that was wrong section for my question

thanks to all

3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    that one uses USB stick not floppy.

4. sly2803

sly2803 MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2013
    hi thanks for your time to respond this

i did try few diffrent usb sticks and non of them recover laptop ( i did check as boot-able one and normal just formatted to FAT )

so i think there could be a problem with chip (block or broken) and order new one already programed to that motherboard

dont think i can do much tbh if chip are gone( i can be wrong or doing something wrong ) ( usb flashing about 10-15sec but no sound or nothing happening after couple of minutes)

thanks

5. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  6. sly2803

sly2803 MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2013
    hmm i did try to upload amiboot and couple of time was crisis disk but non of them work

i can buy programer and reprogram chip outside what hope will work but need some instruction as was never do that operation before

any help appreciate

7. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    first thing u do is make a backup.bin with programmer. also u can try with so8 test clip and a rubber band to hold it in place so u dont have to desolder it.. %80 of times it works. sometimes u have to desolder.
    however DO NOT ERASE chip until u have a good backup.bin
    sometimes its easier to buy chip pre programmed for PSC1YE