Toshiba Satellite L555D-S7912

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by MikeyHypocrisy, May 30, 2011.

1. MikeyHypocrisy

MikeyHypocrisy MDL Junior Member

May 28, 2009
    had a bit of an accident with this laptop. was checking out the newest bios for it due to the wifi problem it was having. accidentally ran the bios during windows, which in turn was going fine up until the laptop froze. now it is completely unbootable. wont turn on at all. i just got an external floppy that i was trying the phoenix recovery with. only problem is the floppy wont even load, like laptop not even reading the external. if there is something i am missing here help would be appreciated.

2. MikeyHypocrisy

May 28, 2009
    anyone at all?

3. MikeyHypocrisy

May 28, 2009
    i used the fn + b combination. was weird cuz when i do plug it in, the power led comes on showing that cable is connected, and when holding fn+b then plugging laptop in, all leds on front flash for a quick second, then i hit power it turns on but nothing after that.

4. MikeyHypocrisy

May 28, 2009
    only way i can get it to turn on is with fn + b, unless im doing something wrong, and yea i replaced bios.wph with bios for laptop, renaming the filename.rom to bios.wph right?

5. MikeyHypocrisy

May 28, 2009
    yea i dont have the battery in at all. and i have switched usb ports, there are only 2 of them, ive only tried with the 1.20 bios being that was the default but i will try with the 1.10. the main issue tho is i cant seem to get the laptop to pick up the floppy drive. and only fn + b will actually allow laptop to turn on when i hold it before plugging it in and then pushing the power button.

6. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    Maybe this laptop only supports a USB stick and not the USB floppy? You'll have to get a copy of the HP USB Storage Format Tool and also minidos system files in order to format the USB stick as FAT16/FAT32 and then make the Crisis Disk.

7. MikeyHypocrisy

May 28, 2009
    #10 MikeyHypocrisy, Jun 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
    (OP)
    ill give that a try, sorry for the trouble >.<
    and can i use the minidos file from the crisis disk?