Toshiba Satellite L655-14F [INSYDE 2.40 Bios] Questions

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by UA-07, Oct 20, 2012.

1. UA-07

UA-07 MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2012
    Hi everyone ,

I have a few questions about BIOS modding which I hope get answered without ridiculing me for the lack or non existent knowledge about bios also I hope that am posting in the right place .

Lets start the questions :- :biggrin:

1- Why should I mod my bios ? Is there good in modding it ?

2- How can I know if my BIOS is written in C or Assembly ?

3- My Intel Core i5 450M is clocked at 2.40 , should I overclock it to 2.66 or leave it mid way like 2.50 ?

4- Can the fan speed be changed through bios ?

5- I want to install Windows 2000 on the laptop and I have used the usb tool WinSetupFromUsb but with no success as the setup stops at "Windows 2000 setup is starting" though the image I used worked in Virtual PC so is it possible that the BIOS is stopping legacy Windows OS from getting installed on the system .
    [FONT=arial, sans-serif][/FONT]
    Thanks ,

2. UA-07

UA-07 MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2012
    Bump .:dots:

3. drewbug

drewbug MDL Member

Aug 15, 2010

There a variety of factors involved that make it hard to definitively answer this question for you. I suggest you read up on some of the basics of overclocking. A good place to start might be here: http://www.enthusiastpc.net/articles/00004/

It depends on your system. Not every BIOS is created equally, and while some allow you to control fan speeds, plenty of others do not.

Why do you want to install Windows 2000?