Toshiba Satellite M40 - 281 BIOS. Anyone able?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by layla, Nov 8, 2010.

1. layla

layla MDL Novice

Nov 4, 2010
    #1 layla, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
    Request BIOS mod for my old but still very good and fast toshiba... please if you can add SLIC 2.1 for Windows 7?

-Manufacturer: Toshiba
    -Motherboard Model: Satellite M40 (PSM42)
    -Bios revision: 1.10-WIN
    -Bios Type: Toshiba BIOS 1.10 (ACPI Flash BIOS?)
    -Bios Download Link: h**p://support.toshiba-tro.de/tools/eula/calleula.asp?ID=45753

-RW Everything Report Download Link: see #post340722 in Phoenix bios SLIC mod requests (*.WPH or *.ROM files). THREAD

Thanks

2. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    @ layla Apparently you are aware we have a BIOS section since you posted there and now here in the Windows 7 section. Posting it in 2 separate places is NOT going to get it modded any faster. It *Might* even put your request on the backburner.

3. layla

layla MDL Novice

Nov 4, 2010
    #3 layla, Nov 8, 2010
    (OP)
    hello,
    yes i know what you mean and i'm sad about it..
    the problem is that I originally posted my bios request in the "Phoenix BIOS" modding section.. but then I realized that I do not have a Phoenix BIOS (bad me!) so somehow I felt to remedy...since maybe my post there wouldn't be even suitable to find an answer.
    But since in the BIOS modding request section I didn't find any place where to put my "strange bios" request.. then I tried here

Now you might think i'm trying to find an excuse but it's not true... so I hope you are not angry with me but I did this not in bad faith :worthy: really

4. Reign_Of_Freedom

Aug 1, 2009
    #4 Reign_Of_Freedom, Nov 8, 2010
    All you have to do is edit your post. Then post in the proper section no harm, no foul.

Looking to see if it's already done ....

5. layla

layla MDL Novice

Nov 4, 2010
    okay I will do it but can you point me to the right section where to post my "Toshiba strange BIOS" mod request? :confused:
    Also it seems that I cannot post "links" rather than the bios request mods section... thats why in my 1st post you see the reference to the message i wrote...

6. Reign_Of_Freedom

Aug 1, 2009
    I was looking to see if it was already done but apparently not. As far as what BIOS subsection request it goes in, i'm not 100% sure everything i've read does not indicate a clear BIOS "Type" then again if you just ask where it should be posted one of the other guys will point you in the right direction. Or someone might know what BIOS type it is and reply here.

7. triggat

triggat MDL Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Your Laptop is not even listed at the Toshiba Website....I tried to find it there with the details you gave and it is not there. Probably this is why no one has found a bios mod for you.

8. layla

layla MDL Novice

Nov 4, 2010
    #8 layla, Nov 8, 2010
    (OP)
    Hello,
    maybe you searched in the corp. site, or maybe it's just that this is an euro spec model, I have found my toshiba drivers at this web address:
    it.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp?service=IT&mode=allMachines&action=search&teddProduct=604&selShortMod=421

My bios is listed there, the one with ATI graphic card (version 1.10-WIN)
    BIOS direct download link: support.toshiba-tro.de/tools/eula/calleula.asp?ID=45753

9. layla

layla MDL Novice

Nov 4, 2010
    I take it as no one is able to touch these branded bioses...... :(

thanks anyway everyone!