toshiba switchable graphics Intel isn't recognized

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by inmydreams, Sep 10, 2012.

1. inmydreams

inmydreams MDL Novice

Mar 14, 2010
    I have got a Toshiba A500-1gn laptop, which suppose to have switchable graphics. I was not sure about it so I send an email to toshiba technical support and got an answer "This notebook uses active switching between the onboard graphics and the dedicated graphics card. When the unit is put under high load the unit wil intelligently switch to the higher powered graphics card and when not in use will revert to the lower powered onboard graphics controller.". So looks like my laptop has it but the problem is that it's not recognized. My device manager shows only my nvidia card Untitled.jpg . I looked in Bios and I couldn't find onboard graphics or hybrid support options. I also installed the newest bios and set default settings. My processor is intel i5-430m which has GMA HD built in it. Video card is nvidia GeForce GT 330M. Bios is Phoenix Securecore Tiano.

2. ELiTEFX

ELiTEFX MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2012
    #2 ELiTEFX, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. inmydreams

inmydreams MDL Novice

Mar 14, 2010
    #3 inmydreams, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
    (OP)
    Thank you but I had installed it before. Looks like your link has an newer version so I reinstalled this driver and nothing changed at all. No errors, installation was ok but nothing happened at all. Still can't see GMA.

4. ELiTEFX

ELiTEFX MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...