Toshiba Tecra M10 charger problem

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by frenze31, Jan 25, 2012.

1. frenze31

frenze31 MDL Novice

Jul 10, 2010
    Hi guys!

My Toshiba has a problem. I need to wiggle the charger to make it work! Then one day, it won't charge anymore. I diassembled my Laptop to get my DC-IN Jack to figure it out why. Luckily, it is removable :worthy: . Then i discovered that the DC-IN Jack has a problem. I want to buy one but, it's not available in our country and no shipping is available here. Then I see 4 wires. 2 Red and 2 Black. Then 2 Red wire are interconnected and the 2 Black wires connects each other too. Then I was thinking, to do McGyver and Modify it to connect it into another DC-IN plug that is not same with the old one. So my question is, is that possible?

Ty.

2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Maybe gabris[LT] can help you with this one :biggrin5:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. frenze31

frenze31 MDL Novice

Jul 10, 2010
    Ok guys don't worry now :) It's already fixed :clap3: . I just get a larger one and fit one of it and it works now! Thanks anyway :)

4. gabris[LT]

gabris[LT] MDL Senior Member

Nov 6, 2010
    Check the voltage of the charger you are charging now and were charging, if it differs for ~2V then it's quite risky you can burn internal charging circuit after some time, or charger. :)
    Sorry if I misunderstood, but I understood that you made DC-IN with larger diameter jack, and by my logic you are using another charger. :)