touched / unofficial iso = fake?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ryan80, Jul 23, 2009.

1. ryan80

ryan80 MDL Member

Apr 30, 2009
    #1 ryan80, Jul 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
    to avoid further confusion and to cut down on all the unnecessary post.
    can someone please clarify and confirm whether the touched / unofficial iso = fake or not.

some people here seem to think or claim that the touched / unofficial iso is not even the real 7600.16385.

2. skdubg

skdubg MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2009
    touched iso was created my wzor to allow booting.:rolleyes:

3. tazman137

tazman137 MDL Junior Member

Jul 17, 2009
    its real, just wasnt an untouched MS iso.

4. drone_pilot

drone_pilot MDL Junior Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Not fake no, its not the original Microsoft ISO though, as they have yet to release theirs. But the files and everything else is Microsoft's Final RTM build. All Wzor did was to get the files bootable.

So what your downloading is RTM just not distributed by MS. The thing is with this there are no keys with it. People are saying it will be better to wait for an official ISO or one that is OEM and activated.

5. caudex

caudex MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2007
    OEM Wont be activated though.

That is the whole reason why they made the SLICs and Certs. The oem manufacturers get those, and then activate it without going to microsoft.

HAHA, There is no awesome version which is already activated for you, and requires 0 activation.

Also, the real MS Distributed one may come out in Aug when they do the technet release.

Connect release is soon, but according to few sites on the web, it appears it won't be release, since MS is recording SHA1's etc for those releases to see where the leaks came from.

Not sure about technet, however never know, they might even associate a SHA1 with your technet ID.

However SHA1's of the original WIM files are posted around the web, you can use these to check if your Win 7 disk is REAL or not.

6. EclipseSin

EclipseSin MDL Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Honestly, this won't make a difference tho. To make an OEM disc is easy provided the same method is used as Vista, and if you have regular old RTM installed, all you have to do is install the certificate, and the use the corresponding key to the cert, slic, and version of windows. So really, their is no point in having the official disc image if you are just going to make an OEM disc, as it will turn out the same as the one you have now, with the files you add to make it OEM. I mean, does that 2 KB Readme when opened with WinRAR really matter that much to you? Doesn't to me. Their is ofcourse the "well, it could be trojaned, tampered, rootkitted" arguement, which is true, but I've honestly seen no evidence of any of the above being there. No suspicious network activity, no strange processes (used a couple process viewers people use to see hidden ones when they do have a virus), and no suspicious DLLs loaded. Today's AV and Spyware detection apps may not be perfect, especially towards root kits, but they do a damn good job with their heuristics and signature scanning imo.

So really, the question is, how well do you know your WinBlows (xD I know I know. 7 doesn't blow though, I actually like it....), have you scanned your system with multiple AV and Spyware detecting/removal/cleaning apps, have you checked your BHO's?

Also, always check your hosts file(s). While this is becoming less common since everyone pretty much knows about it these days, it's still used in various form. Spybot S&D add a blacklist to your host file btw, so that's ok. It just points bad address' at your localhost (aka 127.0.0.0).

I'm not trying to nag anyone, just saying: If nothing seems out of place, you downloaded from a reputable source, or through someone who has high standards wherever you got it (AKA a VIP Uploader), or a private zone, chances are you are safe, and would be a waste of bandwidth to download the official ISO just to modify it into the same ISO with OEM information. The timebomb will likely (almost 100% sure of this) stay in the RTM build because of people using the RC activation bypass, meaning that method will still be unusable after march 1st next year.

Those are my two cents on this.

7. ela002

ela002 MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2009
    You can't be sure 100% that the "home made" iso does not contain anything bad :p

8. EclipseSin

EclipseSin MDL Member

Feb 29, 2008
    *cough* stated that in my own post. Just stated that I've seen no evidence of anything of the sort existing in the install, that's all

9. throbber

throbber MDL Addicted

Mar 13, 2008
    i wonder if Wzor used the original 3 rar files posted on hear to make the image

10. Taxidermista

Taxidermista MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2009
    What really matter to me and millions more is that we want our OS IN A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE THAN ENGLISH from the start. For some reason this is a point that seems hard to understand, I don't know why...

11. ryan80

ryan80 MDL Member

Apr 30, 2009
    #11 ryan80, Jul 23, 2009
    (OP)
    wow. are you saying that the official ISO will come with a free key for us to activate it? or it will come pre activated ?
    other than that i don't see any good reason to wait for the official iso. unless someone can proof that the files in the WZOR iso are fake and not original. (don't talk about the iso being fake or not.) the main concern here is whether the files in the ISO are real or fake.
    for all i know. there isn't even an original SHA1 from microsoft. nobody knows the original SHA1 yet. and even that chinese dude that came out with the SHA1 could not be 100% trusted.

12. EclipseSin

EclipseSin MDL Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Well when you are speaking english to me, yes it is hard to understand. I have no way to know what language other people speak, nor their native language, now do I? I am not a psychic! lol

13. Taxidermista

Taxidermista MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2009
    You don't need to be a psychic to know that there are only about 400 millions native english speakers on this planet. It's a well known fact.

14. izh34

izh34 MDL Member

Mar 12, 2009
    yup. I rather wait the real ISO than the made one.

15. ryan80

ryan80 MDL Member

Apr 30, 2009
    #15 ryan80, Jul 23, 2009
    (OP)
    and you can't be 100% sure that the home made iso DOES contain anything bad either. if you can't trust WZOR for leaking this homemade iso, means you won't be able to trust them to leak the original iso from microsoft either, for they could just install something BAD into the original iso too.

many people have already downloaded and installed this home made iso and nobody has feedback anything bad in the iso.

16. EclipseSin

EclipseSin MDL Member

Feb 29, 2008
    #16 EclipseSin, Jul 23, 2009
    Wow, that was a dumb reply on your end. If you are native english, why do you want to install a different language? Lol. My point was, if your native language isn't english, of course you'd want an official ISO in your language, but if you speak to me in english, I can't tell whether you are a native english speaker, or if you are chinese or japanese and english is your second language or third etc. But even with that fact known, I still am not psychic and can't tell whether you are one of those 400 million, now can I?

Just because someone speaks english and speaks it well wouldn't mean it is their native language. So that point was not missed. It just goes back to what I said, I'm not psychic. How could I know if you spoke english natively or learned it as a second language? I can't, I'm not psychic. I think you are mixed up though. Native would mean it's your natural language, which would mean what you read, write, listen and speak in. And if your native language is english, why would you want Windows 7 in a different language? I can see a few circumstances, but in a practical logical sense... No...

Again, I'm not psychic.

17. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    Well, yes we can as the SHA hash will be available on Technet/MSDN soon so people can compare these with leaked ISO to confirm it's 100% untouched.

I ask you to stop this bulls**t right now, just accept those people who do not like/trust untouched leaked release, i for one will never install any Windows release that could be tampered with.

18. EclipseSin

EclipseSin MDL Member

Feb 29, 2008
    What bulls**t do you speak of sir? I pointed out that what people say is true, but that I have found nothing wrong with my install no matter what I have run, monitored, or searched through. If you want to wait on official, by all means do so. Not accepting these people has nothing to do with it, for if others want to wait on official, that is their choice. I have only merely stated the fact that I have not found any problems personally.

19. ryan80

ryan80 MDL Member

Apr 30, 2009
    #19 ryan80, Jul 23, 2009
    (OP)
    you know that even SHA-1 itself cannot be trusted? you can modify the files in the iso such that it ends up with the same SHA-1 as the original.

2 files can have the same SHA-1 hash but the contents inside are different.

20. throbber

throbber MDL Addicted

Mar 13, 2008
    interesting...........so what dos the sha-1 check prove :confused: