Trick Windows 10 or other programs to think driver signature enforcement is enabled

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by lolcocks, Feb 9, 2019.

1. lolcocks

lolcocks MDL Novice

Feb 19, 2014
  2. ruuu7

ruuu7 MDL Member

Mar 7, 2015
    Immo they are right using such an anti cheat system like they do.

3. lolcocks

lolcocks MDL Novice

Feb 19, 2014
    Yes, my research showed that people started using modified drivers to bypass anti-cheat systems which is why most anti-cheat systems do not allow driver signature enforcement to be disabled.

I do not want to hack the game, just want my SLI drivers to load.

4. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    Yeah and they also began denying use of ReShade and SweetFX.

DUMP those games! Those anti cheat systems will be bypassed. Anti cheating system that's effective is like the one from Valve thats about going after specific users based on their questionable performance, while allowing other players use valid gameplay-enhancing tools like ReShade.

Monitors these days allow hardware OSD crosshairs and that's more cheating-ish than having ReShade, ENB, SweetFX, and driver signature enforcement disabled.

Let's not forget MSI AB and RTSS being blocked for no good reason too. I so badly wanted to get into Apex Legends, but nooooo.., I had to drop it because of ReShade ban.

I doubt you can fool OS to think what's enabled is disabled or vice versa when it comes to driver signature enforcement system. I suggest complaining to game makers and publishers, explaining your situation, telling them how Valve's superior AI-based AC system does it without all the BS, then refuse to play until demands are met

BTW, custom drivers can be signed, can't they?

5. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 MDL Addicted

Dec 9, 2011
    Custom drivers can be signed though the process is a bit complex.However it is still doubtful MS will recognize those signatures as "genuine ms certified".

6. alanfox2000

alanfox2000 MDL Member

Dec 25, 2015
  7. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    Can't MS signatures for driver files be somehow reverse-enginered? It's not like they send data over the net to be verified as "signed".

8. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    Anything can be reverse engineered. What's it worth to you? For a few hundred thousand dollars you could probably bribe an nvidia engineer to sign a file for you.