Trouble Connecting to the Network

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by rjflan99, Sep 23, 2007.

1. rjflan99

rjflan99 MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2007
    #1 rjflan99, Sep 23, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
    Hi everyone,

So today I opened my laptop to access the internet. When I clicked on IE, numerous IE windows began opening (to the extent of about 40-50 windows). I couldn't press Alt-F4 quick enough, so I did something that I probably should not have done...I turned of the computer manually.

Since then I have not been able to access the internet nor other computers on the network. When I mouse over the network icon in the system tray, it says that it is "identifying" the network I wish to connect to. Unfortunately, I get no connectivity even though it says it's connected. I checked out my services and both DHCP and DNS Client are supposed to turn on automatically, but they are not running. When I try to start I get an Error 1068 saying that there's a 3rd party program dependent upon this one to restart the process. I've reset TCP/IP settings and what not, but I'm still having no connectivity. My wife's laptop is accessing the net via the wireless, so I'm sure it's not the router.

My computer is running Windows Vista.

Please help as I'm getting very frustrated.

Thank you in advance for your time and effort.

2. poedoom

poedoom MDL Junior Member

Sep 15, 2007
    hi rj are you running a 3rd party firewall m8 ie bitdefender? some third party firewall have conflictions with network adapters may i also suggest reseting ye modem while the pc is powered down as some ppl report resetting a modem while vista is booted can kill ye net access