Trouble Deleting Folder/Files

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by BrokenDaily, Aug 22, 2017.

1. BrokenDaily

BrokenDaily MDL Junior Member

Jun 14, 2017
    There was a problem with my dropbox, so I decided to uninstall, re-download, and then re-install; so I uninstall, use this program I got to search for any leftover files and registry values it might have, and it says it'll delete the dropbox folder on next startup, thing is, it doesn't

eventually, I used command prompt to delete the folder and its files using del Dropbox /f /s, and it worked; I tried deleting it using parted magic, but it kept mounting my windows drive as read only, wouldnt let me change anything

2 requests; 1: is there a program/live cd that can help me delete stubborn files that refuse to just ****ing die
    2: how do I get parted magic to stop mounting my windows drive as read only and let me fix s**t when I want

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Why don't you boot into safe mode and delete the files you want deleted?

4. BrokenDaily

BrokenDaily MDL Junior Member

Jun 14, 2017
    I will next time; but my windows 10 install is ntlite customized, so idk if it would work just like a regular install