Trouble running sfc on Windoze

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by pun, Jan 2, 2014.

1. pun

pun MDL Senior Member

Oct 19, 2013
    #1 pun, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
    Hi all, I'm using Win 8.1 Enterprise x86. Not a frankenbuild (I got it from the repo.)

I like to keep my system clean and error-free, so I delete temp files once a month and run defrag, chkdsk and sfc once every two months.

It's been a while since I performed sfc, so I ran it today (in an elevated cmd, of course). To my surprise, it said there were some errors, which it was unable to fix. I ran it another couple of times, and each time I got the same message. That's probably explained by the fact that the admin prompt might not have total control over the entire system's files, so I restarted and opened the recovery prompt.

And now it says a system repair is pending, and sfc cannot proceed until that is finished. I have no repairs pending, so this is quite annoying. Can anyone help me fix this? Feel free to ask for any info I might have missed.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, it shows me where the log is located, but when I attempt to open said log, all I get is a very annoying and cryptic "Access is denied." popup.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Majestic

Majestic MDL Junior Member

Aug 3, 2008
    Run:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. pun

pun MDL Senior Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Worked perfectly, thank you :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...