Trouble startup after updating Windows

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by TekCom, Sep 20, 2012.

1. TekCom

TekCom MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2012
    Everytime I update Windows and reboot, maybe 2 or 3 boots, it always gives me some type of error and I can't load windows. So I do a system restore before I performed the update, and then once I'm back into windows I perform the update again. After that I get no problems. I find it weird I always have to do update > windows can't load > system restore > update again, works perfect. What could be the problem? I always have the latest Win Loader and I've never heard of this problem.

2. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    can you list an error code?

3. TekCom

TekCom MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2012
    Doesn't have one. After the BIOS, just a black screen with a with white text saying Windows can't load or no data in drive. Sorry I can't narrow the message down unless I update windows and do the whole reboot thing. It's usually random though.

4. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    Insert your Windows 7 CD and when you the to the boot screen, click the Repair Option.

5. TekCom

TekCom MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2012
    The repair option never works, I have to do a system restore to a previous date. But why would the updates work after I do a system restore instead of just doing a update/reboot?

6. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    If this were happening to me every time I ran Windows Update, considering my Windows 7 installations are several years old, I'd think something in my system was damaged. And if system restore and the repair option failed repeatedly, I'd think it was damaged beyond repair. Or at least damaged beyond my tolerance lever.

I'd save all my data, wipe the drive and reinstall Windows. That's my "Draconian Solution" but it solves a multitude of problems in one fell swoop.

7. TekCom

TekCom MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2012
    System restore works though, always, that's what I'm trying to say. So why would an update work after doing a system restore? Why not just regularly?

8. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    #8 anarchist9027, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
    Sometimes Windows acts whacked and it just makes sense to do a fresh install. sometimes thats the best solution to your troubles. Just make sure you have all you drivers like WAN / WLAN.

9. TekCom

TekCom MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2012
    I'll make sure all the drivers are up to date before I do a clean install. Do you think using a loader as opposed to a legit windows install could be the problem?

10. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    Honestly I don't think so. When I said to have the drivers though, I meant to had them backed up so you can install them after fresh install. Would hate for you not to have essential drivers if your computer needs them.