Trouble with the Daz Loader for Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by DanielBWB, Jan 26, 2010.

1. DanielBWB

DanielBWB MDL Novice

Jan 26, 2010
    Hello I was referred to this site from isohunt. I thank daz for making this loader, however I am having issues with it. I hope someone could help me resolve this

Alright so...I have a mac pro desktop and I use boot camp to run windows. I downloaded the loader from isohunt, along with windows 7 (it came in a package type thing). I installed windows 7 and was working fine for about a week, then I woke up one morning and it says I have 24 hours to activate windows 7. Alarmed, I spring out of my bed and try to resolve this issue. So I look on the download page on isohunt that I got it from, and just browsed through the comments.

I had only just then learned about the loader and what it does, I've looked at it in the folder but I never read up on it before that point. So I clicked the Windows 7 loader, pressed install, and it said error has been recorded in log or something. I messed with the options for a while. It would always give me that stupid error message... At first I thought it was my virus software that was the cause, it kept popping up saying trojan has been successfully removed and the name of the trojan was "artemis" or something like that. Anyway, I fiddled with the modes and stuff for a while and eventually i didn't get any error messages and it said I was successfully activated.

So I restart my computer for like the 3rd time, then I checked my computer to see if it really worked. But to my disappointment, it said I still needed to activate it. This was 2 days ago, and it said I had 24 days left for activation (now being 22 days). Now, also in the windows 7 package I got from isohunt, there was a list of product keys in the loader folder (which were all the same as the ones in the advanced options of the loader itself). I thought I'd try putting them in manually, and I did, but that didn't work either.

So I decided to come to this site for help. Instead of posting some random, unorganized "HELP ME!!!!!" question, I chose to read around the site first. I looked in another thread about a different kind of windows 7 loader and someone mentioned setting the date forward a month or something. So I try that, and not only does it say I need to update windows today, but I could not sign into windows live, my virus scan went nuts, among other things. Switching back to the current date, everything went back to normal.

Now I don't expect to be flooded with solutions to my problem, but I would appreciate some feedback. And I know there's a bunch of questions in this forum, which I intend to read up on and learn more on the subjects being discussed. And who knows? The solution could just be a simple thing. Being a college student, the great people of isohunt and forum communities such as this have helped me and many others save time and money on products such as windows 7. Now if people like me can only perform the steps correctly lol.

Thanks in advance.

2. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Modes of activation, you didn't say if you tried switching the loaders modes but rather the setup of your boot camp?

When the default fails to get you activated I always recommend using the alternative, older or forceful modes. Since you are running on a Mac the other thing that can be tricky is your setup in boot camp... someone really does need to make a nice guide for that as I personally don't have a clue since I don't own a Mac :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DanielBWB

DanielBWB MDL Novice

Jan 26, 2010
    That's fine and I do appreciate the help and you supplying this! Well I used all of the modes there, even custom which was the only one that worked at first. I mean now it seems to work but I think that's cuz I messed with the advanced settings, even though in your guide it says not to do so :p

Even still the issue is it's not activated... I might go on ebay and buy a code or something if I don't resolve this when it reaches the 5 day warning lol. Thanks Daz :)

4. cooljay_4

cooljay_4 MDL Member

Oct 10, 2009
    u can rearm it 3 times :)

‘Rearm’ trick on Windows 7 is done using the similar commands and steps with Windows Vista. Follow these steps to reset and extend activation grace period from 30 days to 120 days in Windows 7:

1. Install Windows 7 without any product activation key.
    2. After installation is completed, use the Windows 7 for 30 days and wait for the remaining days left to activate Windows counting down to 0, or almost zero.
    3. When the activation grace period (or evaluation trial period) is almost expired or ended, log on to Windows 7 desktop, and open a Command Prompt window (i.e. type Cmd in Start Search and hit Enter).
    4. Type any of the following commands into the command prompt, and then hit Enter:

sysprep /generalize

slmgr.vbs –rearm

rundll32 slc.dll,SLReArmWindows

slmgr /rearm
    5. Reboot Windows 7 to enjoy another 30 days of free usage without worrying about activation nor even need to crack Windows 7.
    6. When the activation grace period countdown timer almost running down to 0 again, repeat the ‘rearm’ trick to enjoy another 30 days of Windows 7 for free. User can run the rearm command for maximum of 3 times.

As rearm only works for 3 times, make sure the command is only been run when the 30 days countdown of evaluation period is almost expired.

i almost sure it works with RTM retail because if u type in command prompt slmgr /vlk then it comes up rearm count 3

5. DanielBWB

DanielBWB MDL Novice

Jan 26, 2010
    Thanks! That'll at least buy me some time :)

6. DanielBWB

DanielBWB MDL Novice

Jan 26, 2010
    any other tips or advice?

7. DanielBWB

DanielBWB MDL Novice

Jan 26, 2010
    lol of course the most obvious solution works :p
    THANKS WinFLP!!!!

8. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Did that really fix your problem? Sweet.

9. DanielBWB

DanielBWB MDL Novice

Jan 26, 2010
    hell yeah man it was just a simple upgrade to the new loader and now I'm all set! Thanks again :)