TrueMount - convenient security

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by nefarius, Jul 7, 2010.

1. nefarius

nefarius MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2009
  2. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Forgive my ignorance, but couldnt i accomplish the same thing by using TCs Favorite Volumes and Auto-Mount features?

Dont get me wrong here, this is a serious question, im just trying to understand the difference.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nefarius

nefarius MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2009
    Hi, thanks for your interest!

Nope, it works completely different: you configure TrueMount, set the key device, set up the partitions, drive letter etc. On bootup it starts in background (if you defined it) and waits till you plug in one ore more key devices e.g. an usb-stick. If this stick is found on the system, TrueMount searches for pre-defined files where you stored the password(s) in and mounts the volumes automaticaly, like it was never encrypted without any user interfere. Maybe i should make a demo video too... my english is not the best, sorry! I hope I made it a little bit more clear ;)

4. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    I think i understand now.

The difference is in using a device as a 'key' to initiate the mounting process.

Thank you, thats what i wanted to know. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. nefarius

nefarius MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2009
    UPDATES!

After a long weekend I had time to fix some bugs, crashes and features :)

Changes:
    • Fixed a crash cause by a NullReferenceException when editing disk configuration
    • Fixed password path not beeing saved correctly
    • Mount options now work! :)
    • Little performance improvement

You will find the downloadlink at my site.

Important: if you update from a previous version you must delete the file "config.yap" and reconfigure it cause i did some changes in the database design. Hope you like it!

Yours sincerely,
    Nefarius

6. inkmon

inkmon MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2010
    I also am a fan of Truecrypt and I find that commands to create volumes are not available to Windows yet. So I resorted to a Autohotkey script. I use Truecrypt as the security system on my Control_IT USB utility. I must admit it took me a while to sort out auto manipulating the program but with the commands that are available a program can handle it easily.
    I am waiting for Truecrypt to arrange commands to create volumes then a full auto suite is a breeze. I will add one as a feature in addition to my Control_IT application. I think you will do well to go with a utility to help newbies to Truecrypt.
    I use a Visual basic language to create applications and AHK for key press detection and other curly issues that the visual languages find difficult to address without a ton of bloat. As one can call the other they work seamlessly together

7. nefarius

nefarius MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2009
    Hi all!

I just wanted to inform you all that I am still working on TrueMount and the next version will be the first stable release! I changed and improved a lot of things, also the project location has moved to a new place:

h t t p : / / nefarius.darkhosters.net/windows/truemount2

Hm, somehow I have to reach the minimum count of 20 to submit links... anyone wants to talk? :biggrin: